.32 inline makes meat twice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
Got to go out yesterday and today here on the farm on Ohio. Been a tad dry and warm and they are not moving around that well plus very dry, did I say it was dry. Very crunchy in the woods. I did manage to get on 2 yesterday and one today. Not doing as well as toytruck did but it was fun and the 32 got to make meat for the first time, functioned flawlessly. :D 3 squirrels, 3 headshots. :D One does have blood near the hind quarters but that was from the others head while in my pouch. The .32 works great. Now thinking about building another one a bit lighter. :roll: Oh boy got he small cal bug now. Going out tomorrow for a couple hours then headed back to NY on Saturday. :cry:

Wednesday morning.

Today.

Very nice job. Squirrel hunting is a lot of fun. And I happen to like eating the buggers.

cayuga said:
Very nice job. Squirrel hunting is a lot of fun. And I happen to like eating the buggers.
Me Too!. Thinking in a week or 2 making a big pot of squirrel noodles. :D

Went out yesterday morning but a couple hawks screaming seemed to keep them holed up. :(

toytruck said:
Way to go!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Thanks ToyTruck. Weather is still a bit warm seemed to keep them moving slow, not jumping around in the trees good. They just seemed to be crawling in the tree tops slow and easy, not jumping around. Really had to pay attention to see the leaves moving or hear one in the tops cutting. Just got back to NY so not sure when I will get out again. :(

Yup, They were nice Greys. Only saw one Red but never got a chance at him. Saw lots of small greys too good for next year.

WV Hunter said:
Nice work Shawn! Great shooting! :yeah: Gotta be happy about that! :D

Got the bug for a lighter one huh? What does this one weigh?

Bathroom scale says 8.4lb with scope. Its not too bad with the sticks to shoot from (they are in the left side of the first pic), but I do like them a bit lighter. It sure is sweet to shoot though and it has less crack in the woods than my .22lr with mini mags. I think I just have a small bore bug now. :wink: :roll: What not to like, cheap to shoot and no real recoil, just plain fun! :D After the second squirrel fell I had a lot of confidence in it and just knew if that crosshair found a head it was getting "smucked" (as Ron would say). :D

ShawnT said:
After the second squirrel fell I had a lot of confidence in it and just knew if that crosshair found a head it was getting "smucked" (as Ron would say). :D

Haha! Yes he would :D

Next project, you need to have a .32 barrel installed on an MK-95 :poke: :poke:

I still think you should paint your target shooting balls green. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WV Hunter said:
ShawnT said:
After the second squirrel fell I had a lot of confidence in it and just knew if that crosshair found a head it was getting "smucked" (as Ron would say). :D

Haha! Yes he would :D

Next project, you need to have a .32 barrel installed on an MK-95 :poke: :poke:

I still think you should paint your target shooting balls green. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be cool and believe me I have wondered if it could be done. I would love that. :drool: Not sure if anyone would try to do it for me and I really do not want to go with a bore sleeve. I do have a spare "parts rifle" that had a little spot of rust and it would make the perfect donor. Just not sure how it would be done yet. If I could get someone to cut the barrel off and then fit the new one in so that it threaded back to the base of the plug... :think:

Oh I am planning to get me some paint soon and then need to go to the Grocery for a Birdseye box of Peas. :lol:

I also asked Flounder about MK-85s that have screw on barrels. The MK-95 would be a little better if it could be converted as It could shoot BH.

Oh I bet it can be done Shawn, it just might cost a pretty penny. But then again, you'd have the only one :mrgreen:

Can't wait to hear the feedback on the pea bullets. :lol: :lol:

Back