459 Yards!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Got my longest kill on a Groundhog tonight.... The .204 really made it easy!

Sorry for the BIG pic.. but this is the view from my back yard... The house in the picture is empty and is always a spring haven for piggies..

459yards.jpg

Lol... classic! We have 3 Jack Russels.... nothing is ever dead enough for them. :lol:
459yards3-1.jpg

WOW!! that is some long distance shooting there... nice shooting. What kind of scope do you have on the rifle, and how do you figure the bullet drop?

Dave,

I have a 6.5x20x50 Sightron SII Side Focus with a target dot in it.. I really love the scope. It has grown on me.

This did take me 3 shots to connect and with the small caliber and 32gr bullet my 10/22 has about 5x the recoil. I held over on the first shot and watched the bullet hit the grass in front of him, second shot was long and the 3rd was right on! Windage was not an issue on any of the shots. At the range it was, he had no idea what was going on..

249Yards2.jpg

When I was a kid, the neighbor boy had a little dog like that.. Her name was Lady. And Lady's main goal in life was to kill mice, rats, rabbits, gophers, anything she could catch. That dog was better then a cat any old day. That little devil was blood thirsty. You'd yell mouse, and point somewhere, and that little flash would tear over there and just go crazy trying to find it.

Even though it took you three shots.. that is a long distance and a very small target. That must be a flat shooting rifle. What do you have that sighted in for?

I sighted it in for 100 yds and it is pretty flat out to 300yds or so.. after that it drops fast. The MV is right about 4190-4200 fps but the bc of a .20 cal 32gr vmax is pretty crappy... about the same as our mz bullets. Bc of .21 or .25, something like that. Holdover was about 2' or a bit less.

That's AWESOME JJ! That is one huge hog!

I LOVE that picture of your DOG! That is SO funny!

When I bought my 17 HMR I looked at the 204 and gave it some thought but I already have a 22-250 that's a long range shooter so opted for the 17 for plinking and fun. Don't regret it but got me thinking of the 204 again.

That little dog looks like he came to kick some you know what and chew bubble gum. And right now he is all out of bubble gum... :D :D :D

The first thing I noticed was the building behind the woodchuck location. :shock: I'm sure it's empty.

Pretty neat little dog there.

Rich M said:
The first thing I noticed was the building behind the woodchuck location. :shock: I'm sure it's empty

Same here....Im suprised no one else mentioned it sooner.

The op mentions that the house is empty.

What are the specs on the rifle? Handloads?

Good shooting!

Latest posts

Back