late winter/early spring planting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Putting spinach seed in, they like it cool to germinate. Starting collards, tomatoes and peppers inside. Spring tilling and mulching in the yard leaves. Ordered potato seed and plant them around March 1st. Now to set some trotlines and get some catfish. Making myself hungry. W

We still have 20 inches of snow on the garden beds, so that would be out of the question. I do plant some variety of vegetables in early spring after the snow melts off. I have done potatoes, and snap peas, (in fact some people call them snow peas) but I never done spinach. Mostly because I don't like spinach. When I was a kid my mother force fed me spinach. She would boil it, throw some butter on it, and make me eat it. Some bull about an iron deficiency, and it was spinach or liver. I can eat spinach but to me that is not something I normally plant. Every once in a blue moon I will buy a head of spinach and eat it, just to think mom is smiling in heaven as I eat it.

Been going through the seed catalogs myself. Kinda getting the itch with the 70 degree weather we are having.

It's hot here in MI. 65 on Saturday 60 on Sunday. I'm getting the urge to put some seed in the ground but it's still February. I started some Tabasco peppers and cayenne peppers from seed today. A lot of people around here wait till Memorial Day for putting in their gardens. I like early May to put it in I usually only do tomatoes and hot peppers. I figure if frost gets my plants that early I can get more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back