What did you plant this year?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Reaction score
In your deer food plot, that is.

I planted one 1/2 ac plot in Lab-Lab, the other one is still a 50/50 mix of Alfa Rack and Extreme. (left from last year).

If the deer came into my yard and ate my sweet corn, does that count? :think:

I planted about 6 acres of corn. The seed came from pheasants forever and it was roundup ready. It is growing great.
Redclub

Have a small food plot near Russellville, Arkansas that is only 175 feet by 90-ish feet, planted with Bio-Logic and heavily fertilized. It's very small, but the deer are magnetized to it! Game camera is usually near maximum every week with photos.....I get about 325 pics per card! Deer are not the only visitors, but I have NO desire to eat wild turkey(yuck).

Glad I fertilized so heavily! Deer are mowing the yard, and it can recover quicker with the triple 13, and 750lbs of lime that I added! After a rain, WOW! Was thinking about introducing another plot nearby with something else..........just not sure what to put in??

Scott B

Whitetail Institute products and straight Ladino clover from local Co-op... All plots going well...

I planted roughly 2 ac of the 7 ac grass hay field that I hunt on in a mix of clovers and alfalfa that I got mixed up at the CO OP. The clover was doing great last time I was up there, but the alfalfa was just about nonexistant

Whitetail Institute packages and some soybeans. Sunflower for doves.

I have about 2 ac beside the house at my parents farm that for the last several years I have said I was going to plant in sunflowers, but have never done it. My plan is to just spread 50 lb of sunflower seed by hand on the patch then drag the disk across it once or twice. Whatever comes up comes up and what doesn't dosent. I'm not a dove hunter, but I figure it will also be good for the turkeys to be able to get some seed this fall when the other birds start on it and knock 1/2 of it to the ground.

Back