New ideas in food plot planting.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal45

Reaction score
I went to the Michigan Deer Spectacular last weekend. There was a fellow there by the name of Ed Spinazolla. He was answering peoples questions as well as hawking his two seed blends and his second book on food plots. The thing that really impressed me about him was that he said that he didn't want to sell his seed to anyone that didn't have their soil prepared correctly. He said it would just be a waste of our time and money. I highly recommend buying his second book for a different look at prepareing planting and maintaining food plots.

Cal45...........Ed happens to be the real deal. He almost always has time to talk about his passion which is food plotting. Since his retirement he is devoting much of his time to giving back to the things that he loves, food plots and QDMA.

Both of the food plot books Ed has written are well worth the purchase price. Ed has donated the proceeds/rights to both books to either the MidMichigan branch of QDMA or the national QDMA. In the past Ed has personally mixed the seed he sells but only after extensive testing. He doesn't benefit from the seed sale either, that goes to the Mid Michigan branch too.

Up until the time he retired you could stop by his place of business and talk plotting or you could stop by his house for a head full of information. I consider Ed my friend and mentor in food plotting. He has taught me alot and we have exchanged many ideas. He was the extra push that I needed to keep me developing food plots when I didn't see immediate results. I now have 9 acres of plots where none have previously been planted. I went from seeing a deer every few days to owning the best piece of hunting land for miles around. The average age of the bucks that have been killed at camp is still over 3 years old plus lots of tasty does have been killed.

Back