My 2006 plan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Reaction score
Last Saturday when I was at Cabelas, there was a food plot seminar. One thing the speaker recommended (for me) was to plant Power Plant in the early spring in one food plot, kill it then disc it under the 1st week in August. Then plant a good clover at the rate of 12#/acre the 2nd week of Auguat. Two weeks later, overseed it with winter wheat @ 100#/acre, roll it to get good seed/soil cover and let it germinate by itself (don't disturb the clover, just flatten it with the roller). The deer will get both wheat and clover during the winter, and the wheat will help the clover survive the winter (from the deer). Come mid summer, brush hog the wheat down to the top of the clover and watch the deer hit it hard. The wheat will self-seed for the next winter.

That will be my plan for one plot. The other plot will be:
Alpha Rack Plus on the low side of the plot, with Extreme on the high, sandy side and chuffa scattered along the woods' edge to try and attract some of the local turkeys.

The test will come this Fall!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Latest posts

Back