First harvest of the year!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
radishes.jpg

Some didn't survive long enough to make the picture. :wink:

A few pics of my Garden this year.

garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

garden3.jpg

garden4.jpg

This is great Patrick. But it does look like a lot of work.

It's not that much work guys, tilling and planting mostly. I use a tiller for weed control by breaking up the soil between the rows. In the rows I don't worry about too much.

Nice looking garden! Looks like you could use a good rain also!

I planted two little plots this year. We're not gardeners by any stretch of the imagination. Over at my parents vacant house there's a little plot about 6' wide and maybe 25 feet long. We put in some Yukon Gold potatoes, a couple of rows of carrots, a couple rows of Spanish onion and some cucumber plants. It's just coming up now. It's mostly maintenance free. Might need a little water once in a while if we don't get rain. That doesn't seem to be a problem right now.
At home here we have a little space beside the driveway about 3' wide and 20 feet long. Put in 2 tomato plants and 2 cherry tomato plants. The rest my wife put in herbs. There some basil, parsley and sorel. We have some chives in the back which is in an ackward place and she's going to transplant some. Oh, I put some sunflowers in so the birds can eat later in the summer :) . I bought the seeds. They're call Russian Giant. Supposed to grow to 10 feet :? . We'll see

Nic_58 said:
Nice looking garden! Looks like you could use a good rain also!
We got some yesterday. Not much but every little bit ya know. :D

RAF said:
I planted two little plots this year. We're not gardeners by any stretch of the imagination. Over at my parents vacant house there's a little plot about 6' wide and maybe 25 feet long. We put in some Yukon Gold potatoes, a couple of rows of carrots, a couple rows of Spanish onion and some cucumber plants. It's just coming up now. It's mostly maintenance free. Might need a little water once in a while if we don't get rain. That doesn't seem to be a problem right now.
At home here we have a little space beside the driveway about 3' wide and 20 feet long. Put in 2 tomato plants and 2 cherry tomato plants. The rest my wife put in herbs. There some basil, parsley and sorel. We have some chives in the back which is in an ackward place and she's going to transplant some. Oh, I put some sunflowers in so the birds can eat later in the summer :) . I bought the seeds. They're call Russian Giant. Supposed to grow to 10 feet :? . We'll see

I couldn't tell you how big mine is. I'll have to get a pic of the whole thing. I also have a little plot of cherry tomatoes (6 plants), a strawberry patch, and 4 grape plants on 2 - 16' cattle panels. I'd like to get a couple fruit trees too but I'm not sure what I want. :?

gardens are another wonderful way to harvest what weve been blessed with for sustenence. Those photos are great. One day I'll learn how to post photos ,until then. I tried my first garden last year 30'x70' , drought took a lot of it, weeds took over late summer, harvested cucumbers, peppers, tomatos and beans. I've put in a smaller plot this year, hope for better weather. even if it doesnt do well again this season I'll be back next year. Food just taste better when YOU harvest it yourself.
Patrick, I can almost smell those radishes. You must have a green thumb that garden looks great. :) :)

Beautiful looking garden Patrick. I guy I work with has gotten his second ripe tomatoe this week. We had some real good weather early. I've just now got mine in the ground. A few tomatoes, peppers and a few hills of squash.

You know your garden is doing good when..........

#1) Your co-worker's run away when they see you pull into work with BAGS of corn, tomatoes, and beans!

#2) The customer's at work complain because they are gaining weight, because they visit a lumber yard!

#3) The "panhandler" with the "I'll work for food sign" runs when he sees you coming to the intersection!

Anyone else got these problems, or are all of you guys too far north to be picking yet?
Scott B

Latest posts

Back