Fresh corn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
corn1.jpg

corn2.jpg

It's been a little over a week since these two wre taken. Alot of where I'm standing in the second pic has tassels and is starting ears.

I plant 3 rows a week until I run out of space. Once the first rows ripens then I have fresh corn for a few months. I can't remember how many plantings I did this year but it's around 8 or 9. My tomatoes have started ripening so now what I'm looking forward to is the mellons. I have watermelon and cantalope plants.

tasty.jpg

mellon.jpg

cantalope.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say you planted "Bread -n- Butter" corn.....my favorite by the way! Garden is looking great!

?? Do you have problems with raccoons in your area ??
?? Have your melon patches ever been invaded by coyotes ??

Scott B

There are coons in the area and they are a problem for some but I haven't had any trouble yet. The Coyotes come near my yard since I'm on the edge of town, but I haven't had any trouble with them either. I have had deer come in and eat the tops of my sweet corn. No problems this year however. The only problem I had is something ate my strawberries this year. I'm going to put up a fence and try to solve that.

Back