3 rows down, 22 to go.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
It was fairly nice this afternoon so we went through the corn. The first 3 rows were the first planting and most was done. I'm up to my ears in it. :lol: We've already given away 2 grocery bags full. There's another 2 just out of the picture.

cornpile.jpg

cornrows.jpg

rows2.jpg

nice job

Patrick, garden is beautiful. Do you mind telling what soil treatment (fertilizer) and pest control you use. i am south of you and my garden hasnt progressed as well as yours. allthough this year is much better than last. (drought) My shepherd tore out three of my largest mellons yesterday, so i added to his invisible fence, circled the entire garden. Only thing Ive harvested yet is bush beens, some cucumbers and a couple of bell peppers. corn is still probably 3 weeks out :cry: anyway, awesome garden keep up the good work.

nice job

Patrick, garden is beautiful. Do you mind telling what soil treatment (fertilizer) and pest control you use. i am south of you and my garden hasnt progressed as well as yours. allthough this year is much better than last. (drought) My shepherd tore out three of my largest mellons yesterday, so i added to his invisible fence, circled the entire garden. Only thing Ive harvested yet is bush beens, some cucumbers and a couple of bell peppers. corn is still probably 3 weeks out :cry: anyway, awesome garden keep up the good work.

Re: nice job

fordfisher said:

We used chicken droppings for fertilizer and Sevin on some of the plants (potatoes, cabbage, brussel sprouts). I added miracle grow on the plants when the came up. Most of the plants we've not done much of anything else. We do alternate the crops. The corn is always on opposite ends. I use a 2 cycle tiller between the rows as long as I can. I do water a little bit with rainwater I catch with buckets where the water drips off of the roof. I get rid of it when I notice mosquito larvae in it.

I don't really do that much exept work in it. I like growing things.

Back