first time food plotter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
i have read so many article on the benifits of food plots, that i am going to give it a try. i need some advice. my hunting land is a 3 hour drive so i can only get up there memorial weekend and a couple times in the summer. it is heavily wooded land with a few openings that i am going to cut the grass down and use a small hand held tiller. i want to do a couple small ones scattererd around. what advice can you guys give me on seed and stratigies that will work in woods with small openings. i am not allowed to use any form of hebicide or fertilizer. i would also like to stick to products avalible at cabela's(10 min drive from home). sorry for the ramble but any advice for a bigginer would be great.

this is in northern minnesota and my goal is to atract deer and keep them fed threw dec.

first timer

Why can't you use any fertilizers or chemicals? Also, new plots in the woods will usually need lime to bring the ph up. Your best bet would be one of the no-plow/no till blends - Whitetail Extreme, No plow, Secret Spot, other companies also sell similar blends.
A good site to check out for food plot info is the QDMA Forums (Quality Deer Management Association).

Latest posts

Back