WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuzzyBob

Reaction score
Ok guys here is the situation. I haven't hunted in 12 years due to me moving to NYC.My oldest sister married and her husband is a avid hunter in SC. Im slated to hunt down in SC Oct 1-5 ML season. All of my gear is down there. Were going to hunt public land that he hasn't scouted but has hunted before in years past.

Would you take a week off of work and spend money on travel for a place going in blind ? I even when one further and asked about where we are going to look up Google/bing and topo maps.....Nada. I hate the fact to be lead in blind at 3am to a place that ive never looked at.

I trust your opinions on this site and let me know what you think ?

Bob

:think:

If it were me I would go and enjoy myself just being out there. Then the first day I would scout my rear end off and put in 4 good days hunting. Who knows, that hunt my turn into one you'll never forget. Good or bad, Hopefully good :!: :!: :!:

Ray.............GOOD LUCK

I understand your concern. One reason when I hunted moose and elk I had a guide. Because they did the scouting and footwork. But the chance to hunt would be hard to turn down. I would probably take the hunt and it would be a good adventure. Plus if he has hunted the area before he would have some idea of what to expect.

Go for it! What do you have to loose. Just use your instincts, take a hike, look for sign and lean against a tree, sure beats sitting at home wondering what the hunt would be like.

Well Bob, if you haven't been hunting for 12 year, and have a chance to go, and have to ask whether or not you should, it seems to me, you don't really want to hunt. So.. you probably should stay home. If i hadn't been hunting in 12 year, which i can't imagine, but this year had a chance to go, i would be like a kid getting to go for the first time. What i would probably do, because it is a first time to a new spot, is study maps, photos, and walk in after dawn, so for to see where i am at. Yes, the first day i would intentionally get a late start, but the next four days would see me hunting earliest.

Your not going get a deer sitting at home life is short ! :wink:

My Dad used to say "You can't catch fish if your line ain't in the water"
I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake.
Like someone else said maybe You shouldn't go. Maybe you have let the city take the country out of the boy.

Tickets bought and I'm heading down for the first 4 days of MZ season :partyman:

Good decision. Now you may want to think about moving to be closer to your gear - Good Luck

All the best to you! A bad day in the woods beats a great day at work every time.

Back