Ghost Blind?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody ever use one? I have one ordered, should be here by end of the week.

I have one place I am only person with permission to hunt. A dirt road cuts through one side of the woods leading back to some houses and believe it or not I usually take a couple deer there every year. The landowner is a friend an was complaining of the deer eating up his garden every year and of course I told him I could help with that problem. I just have to be very careful where I shoot as there are houses on two sides of the property. I just don't want to chance putting up a ground blind cause it would probably disappear, as one of his neighbors doesn't approve of me killing deer in there.

Also several head of cattle are on the place from spring till September, so building a ground blind is just not feasible as they would destroy it.

Blind came today. I still have to take off the protective cover, then practice setting it up. Will do another post on how it does, etc. after deer seasons are finished.
I wanted something I could set up an take with me an not scare the deer, so this should do it.

Very curious of your report on this. I've looked at them a few times and thought they sure would be handy. One thing I've always wondered about is if they give off any glare? Maybe if you get a bright sunny day take a walk around it from a distance to see if it reflects at all.

noticed in the video that it seems to move around a bit i would think it needs to be anchored down good on a windy day.
pretty cool concept tho

03mossy said:
Very curious of your report on this. I've looked at them a few times and thought they sure would be handy. One thing I've always wondered about is if they give off any glare? Maybe if you get a bright sunny day take a walk around it from a distance to see if it reflects at all.
The glare issue is a concern, but look at the video. The blind is opened at a slant toward the ground an it is actually angled toward the ground to avoid glare and pickup the surrounding ground.

First review (prior to hunting use): This blind is water proof, but not recommended to leave up over night. It is designed to be taken down after the hunt. They also say it can fog up (like glasses) if taken from hot to cold, or cold to hot conditions until it drys or cools off.

I bought the predator style with four panels (same as in video) and also included two extender panels for added cover. The price was $199 with free shipping. Price was what was keeping me at bay when they first came out, but any real good popup blind or tree stand will cost that much so what the heck. I got mine from Amazon sold by Sportman's Warehouse.

The blind does come with a adjustable strap for carrying into the woods or you can buy a cover/backpack with straps. I couldn't see the added expense so didn't get the cover/backpack. Once you take off the plastic protective cover the mirrors are just that mirrors! You could shave with this thing! Its not glass though so nothing to break. Blind also comes with four little anchors/cords and two bungee cords to keep it all together, which is recommended. So far I like it, if I kill a deer with it will put that in review later.

bp45cal said:
noticed in the video that it seems to move around a bit i would think it needs to be anchored down good on a windy day.
pretty cool concept tho
The blind does come with four anchors and cords to anchor it down. Also one can use dead tree limbs over the ends to help keep it anchored. Like they said the blind will move in the wind, but everything else will be moving as well. I doubt I will take it out in a heavy wind, don't like hunting in wind very much anyway and haven't had much luck either. Deer don't move in windy conditions very much from what I have seen over the years.

This blind should be the ticket to help getting in close for my crossbow and later with the Optima V2 pistol. That's the plan anyway!!

Forgot to add this blind does come with a 90 day warranty! Virginia also requires blazer orange to be outside any blind that conceals you. I have a nice plastic piece of orange that came off an old deer cart, so will use that. Probably will put in a tree close by.

Should have known that sun glare was a common concern. I guess you need to be careful when setting up (say at mid-day) not to inadvertently flash the area you are hunting.

Good luck, looking forward to your review. :yeah:

I bought one. Weighed about as much as my Summit. I returned it.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

toytruck said:
SteveH said:
My concern would be sun glare. I would be less concerned on overcast days.
https://www.ghostblind.com/faq/

If its a problem I will put that in my review after hunting with it.

I'm curious to hear how this has worked for you. I like to hunt from the ground in a turkey chair, and I see Ghostblind makes a shorter version that seems like it would be the ticket.

Love the concept, it's a bit pricey for me. Thinking hard about making one for myself along these lines.

[youtube]UfcedpoBDbk[/youtube]

toytruck said:
Forgot to add this blind does come with a 90 day warranty! Virginia also requires blazer orange to be outside any blind that conceals you. I have a nice plastic piece of orange that came off an old deer cart, so will use that. Probably will put in a tree close by.

I see the GhostBlind Runner is on sale. I may give it a try.

I currently use a really cheap Primos fabric blind that deploys with four stakes. I always carry an extra orange vest I either drape on a limb or use a piece of paracord to attach to a tree near my blind (usually above my head as I tend to set up with a large tree behind me).

I ordered a GhostBlind Runner (shorter height panels) last night. It was in sale and they were including three of the extenders for free.

I'll also post up a review once I've had a chance to hunt with it, assuming of course you trick doesn't mind me piggybacking in his thread.

Tannhauser said:
I ordered a GhostBlind Runner (shorter height panels) last night. It was in sale and they were including three of the extenders for free.

I'll also post up a review once I've had a chance to hunt with it, assuming of course you trick doesn't mind me piggybacking in his thread.

Don't mind at all...I would appreciate the info.

Tannhauser said:
toytruck said:
SteveH said:
My concern would be sun glare. I would be less concerned on overcast days.
https://www.ghostblind.com/faq/

If its a problem I will put that in my review after hunting with it.

I'm curious to hear how this has worked for you. I like to hunt from the ground in a turkey chair, and I see Ghostblind makes a shorter version that seems like it would be the ticket.

I was gonna wait till all the deer hunting seasons are over here in VA. but with another month of hunting late archery and late muzzleloader still to go, I will go ahead an post what I now know for fact.
I hunted with this ghost blind several times in October with my Excalibur crossbow, but never got a shot. The first time I used it I set up in the edge of the field mention above an the deer came out in a different spot than what I was expecting. A big ole doe saw me right off as I didn't have the two extender panels placed on top. ( Guess she was wondering what that head/shoulders were, cause that's all she saw) There were four does in all an they never spooked, but just didn't allow me to raise the bow on shooting sticks for a shot. They left and came right back a second time just to see if I was still there. It was kinda comical now that I think about it.

I wasn't able to get back out there till the last evening of early archery season due to a pinched nerve in my neck, but after seeing a chiropractor I was able to continue hunting. I was using the wind to set up the blind as you should and never saw a deer in legal light (1/2 hr. after sunset) It was starting to get real dark so I took the arrow off the bow, set it down behind me, stood up and took one of the anchors loose an was holding it when the field filled up with deer. One was a real nice buck, all I could see now was a tall rack, big bodied buck and he was chasing does in the field. A couple of the does stopped an looked at me and I just froze there watching them. One small doe walked within 10yds of me behind the blind and didn't pay me any attention. The buck stopped and watched me I'm guessing about 25/30yds broadside and just stood there. Man, if he had only come out 10 minutes earlier!!! A vehicle came up the road and they ran off, but what a experience that was!!

I used the blind again out in the open on hunters choice day with the wind in my face and killed a doe with my White Super 91 .451 from about 50yds. they stopped an looked at me (had the panels up this time) and that was all I needed. I think it was the big doe that first saw me back in archery season...serves her right!! :yeah:

I killed another doe in that same field set up in the same open field place as the muzzleloader kill, except this was centerfire rifle season. I had my .3006 Remington 700. A big doe stepped out 130 yds on up the field and I shot her from behind the blind. The concussion of the rifle blew off one of the panels. At first I thought I had shot the blind, but it wasn't damaged. I now have the panels camo duck taped on!! 8)

So far I have killed a four pt buck and doe with the White muzzleloader and two additional mature does with the Remington 700. Two with the blind and two without, so I have one tag left for the late season. ( I gave one mature doe to my son who hunted with me the last week and didn't get a killing shot on a deer the last day of the modern rifle season. I found a branch he nicked with his shot, after we searched a couple hours that night and the next morning with no sign of a hit).

Looking forward to many more hunts with this blind. Its a keeper in my book!!

Your experiences sound very positive and I'm encouraged to try my GhostBlind ASAP.

My GhistBlind Runner arrived just this evening. I unpackaged it for a quick set up in the kitchen, and I'm impressed with the construction. It seems very well made.

The extenders were included for free with the deal that was offered, and I'm glad. Without them I think I would sit a little high in my turkey chair, but with them should be perfect. I think I'll follow your practice of securing them with a lite camo duct tape. I'll be hunting rifle season with a 16" barrel AR in 6.8, and the muzzle blast is very significant from this rifle.

I'm hopeful this blind will be the ticket, mostly for archery and muzzleloader seasons, but also for some of the spots I hunt in rifle season where line of sight is around 50 yards.

Back