CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Life is good

Talk about all Big game hunting here.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

bestill
Old Timer
Old Timer

Life is good

Postby bestill » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 am

Truly blessed.
This is a shout out to my amazing wife and covenant partner.
And god truly blessed me.
As a deer hunter and outdoorsmen having your wifes blessing is vital.

Ive had a awesome season so far experienced two monarchs of deer woods go to battle november 10 th and no shot but 2 true giants both at the top of any whitetail ive ever seen live action.

I have also had some great encounters with great deer and this morning watched a true shooter work a doe for 2 hours with no shot opportunity. Left them bedded and my awesome wife made me a sack lunch and headed to beanfield for afternoon sit.
My prayer is hot doe will bring him out before dark tonight.

Hunt number 18 for season and definitely was a adventure a little winter boat ride..
Stephanie Wheeler Fisk thanks for loving and believing in me.

Mr big didnt show but photo opportunity was priceless

BuckDoeHunter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Life is good

Postby BuckDoeHunter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 am

bestill wrote:As a deer hunter and outdoorsmen having your wifes blessing is vital.

So very true.

Nice pics :yeah:

1874sharpsshooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby 1874sharpsshooter » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:13 am

Yes . A good wife is truly a blessing . Beautiful deer , wish I was there to see them in person . Good luck on getting Mr Big
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

twild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby twild » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Beautiful buck, you have more restraint than I. I'd of been havin inside tenders for breakfast.

1874sharpsshooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby 1874sharpsshooter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:35 am

You bag that big boy yet ?
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

WV Hunter
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Postby WV Hunter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:08 am

Awesome! That is a super nice buck, so cool you got to see and get pics. Some of my best hunting trips have not had a harvest, that is for sure. :yeah: Good luck
Mike

Philippians 4:13

Bones816

Postby Bones816 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 am

Awesome buck AND wife! Good for you.
Is it ok to say, "Smoked him!", when you're using a muzzleloader?

JPHunting
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JPHunting » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Awesome shots mate well done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Idaholewis
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Idaholewis » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:45 am

Awesome pictures! And what a Stud buck! Look at the size of his neck in that straight on pic, he’s definitely got the ‘Swelled Up’ love struck thing going! It is really neat to just sit back and watch Deer doing what Deer do, that is what taught me what i know today about hunting these Whitetail, it’s not always about killing. Just being out there and getting to witness what God created, from the Deer themselves, to the AWESOME scenery around us. bestill, You were definitely in a unique situation there! I have spent MANY hours in the field hunting Whitetail here in Northern Idaho with the dream of anchoring that big Monarch buck, in that time i have seen very few opportunities to have taken pictures like you have here. Very cool!! And to have a Wife that supports you being out there, Well...... that’s just priceless! I am fortunate there as well, I spend a LOT of time away from home during the months of October, and November, My wife is my Ultimate hunting partner, even when she’s not actually with me in the field, i see it in different ways such as messages ‘Seeing anything? ‘Hope you get that BIG one you dream of!’ To The meals she has prepared for me when i make it back home well after dark. Life is Good!
"Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Return to “Big Game Hunting”