Colorado Legal ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
Are the federal BOR Lock and the sabertooth bullets legal for col muzzy season? It says no sabots so didn't know if that meant no plastic at all. Thanks

mallardsx2 said:
Did you shoot these? If so, how did they shoot?

I shot the Bor Locks, all five I tried the plastic tip came off when I loaded them. It was stuck in the end of my loading jag. At 50 yards was getting 2 to 3 inch groups with a scope.

twild said:
mallardsx2 said:

I shot the Bor Locks, all five I tried the plastic tip came off when I loaded them. It was stuck in the end of my loading jag. At 50 yards was getting 2 to 3 inch groups with a scope.

That does not sound too good.

twild said:
mallardsx2 said:

Sorry to say that's your fault for using the wrong jag.

Muley Hunter said:
twild said:
mallardsx2 said:

Sorry to say that's your fault for using the wrong jag.

That very well could be, but it's what I have and it has not pulled tips out of any other bullets I've tried. . If there is a jag made for these bullets what is it? I didn't notice one suggested with the bullets. I still have some to try if I had the right jag. Thanks

One that Barnes sells for their bullets will probably work for you. A SpinJag is another really good option, and what I use.

Only the bullet (copper) should touch the jag. If the plastic tip touches it can stick and then pull off when you pull out the jag. As you found out.

I'll try that . been meaning to get a Spinjag anyway. Probably doesn't matter these were the lesd bullets not the copper. Thanks

Latest posts

Back