Big game hunting the USA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Gday all,

I've toyed with the idea for quite some time and I'm finally setting mind to get to the states hunting.

I'd like to visit my mate in mt though he's not a hunter so that'll just be social.

I'm not after spot x from anyone but if I wanted to chase either mule deer, elk or whitetail with rifle or BP can anyone recommend a state worth putting in for points?

Of the three muleys are my favourite but id happily hunt a whitetail buck or bull elk.

I'm fairly fit, very keen and a hard working hunter. All my own hunting is diy and I feel if I can get in the right place I'll be a reasonable chance to find a deer for the wall.

If anyone has any recommendations or info or even if someone might be interested in some kind of swap one day I'd be more than welcome to chat via pm.

Cheers guys,

Happy hunting and stay safe!

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Kentucky has a LOT of public land, much of it rugged and good hunting because most hunters on public land stick to the easily accessible edges close to parking. If you don't mind a good hike you can have a great DIY hunt and not spend a lot of $$. Non-resident license is $55 for 7 days, $140 for a whole year (if yer really adventurous!) Deer permit is $120 for 2 deer, $35 for every extra 2 deer you want after that. You could kill 2 for $175 in license/fees. Not bad compared to a lot of other states' non-resident fees.

http://fw.ky.gov/Licenses/Pages/Fees.aspx

Be blessed

Re: RE: Re: Big game hunting the USA

JStanley said:
Kentucky has a LOT of public land, much of it rugged and good hunting because most hunters on public land stick to the easily accessible edges close to parking. If you don't mind a good hike you can have a great DIY hunt and not spend a lot of $$. Non-resident license is $55 for 7 days, $140 for a whole year (if yer really adventurous!) Deer permit is $120 for 2 deer, $35 for every extra 2 deer you want after that. You could kill 2 for $175 in license/fees. Not bad compared to a lot of other states' non-resident fees.

http://fw.ky.gov/Licenses/Pages/Fees.aspx

Be blessed
Thank you for taking the time to write back, ever interested in hunting down here I can give you the run down of how it all works!

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back