The time has come!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
Finally, im on the road headed out for my 2017 colorado muzzleloader deer hunt! Iv put a ton of time and effort into this one scouting once a week since the beginning of june. It will be my wife with a buck tag shooting a traditions fast twist 45 with a 170 grain lehigh 451 bullet, my dad has a doe tag, shooting a tc black diamond 50 cal with a 495 grain no excuses conical. And finally i have a doe tag ill be shooting my 410 s91 and a 410 grain no excuses conical, backup gun for the group is my m97 in 451 also shooting the lehigh 170 grain cf bullet!

Best of luck to you!!! Be safe and looking forward to the successful hunt report.

Best of luck to you all. Can't wait to here how it goes.

My wife scored on a buck yesterday morning at 645 she snuck In to 10 yards and smoked him very impressed with the lehigh bullet 1 entry wound 4 exit wounds. Does were being scarce yesterday so dad and i are headed back out now. Btw bulls are screaming in colorado unit 8.

Congrads to the wife! :partyman: That traditions made meat! :yeah:

Does were very scarce this year only seen 4 the entire time we were hunting, but we were able to take one this morning about 730 and one about 5 this evening. As I was hauling the meat out this evening from the second doe i walked into a herd of 6 does lol and they were much closer to the truck than the one dad shot.....

Congrats! :applause: sounds like a successful trip.

Thanks guys and Shawn the wife said thanks again for the rifle it really has worked out well for her! It was a very sucsessful trip although confusing. In my scouting trips iv seen many does each trip and bucks only a handful of times. This weekend we had a grand total of 46 bucks and 10 does through the whole trip and only the 4 durring the hunt.

Fmfdred56 said:
Thanks guys and Shawn the wife said thanks again for the rifle it really has worked out well for her! It was a very sucsessful trip although confusing. In my scouting trips iv seen many does each trip and bucks only a handful of times. This weekend we had a grand total of 46 bucks and 10 does through the whole trip and only the 4 durring the hunt.
She is most welcome. Glad to see it is working very well for her. :yeah:

Well the time has come and gone again what a difference a year can make last year does were hard to come by and bucks were everywhere this year they were all hard to come by! My brother was first up to bat he killed a velvet forky the second morning with a 25 yard shot and 495 grain no excuses and his American knight I bought from a forum member here as a welcome home gift when he retired from the USMC earlier this year. While I was dressing his buck I took my bino harness off and somehow managed to leave it behind for someone to find and take off with ending my season as it contained all my big game tags. Next was my father he took a nice for the area 4x4 with one of Ed’s 465 grain bullets out of a super 91 at 100 yards this morning. The wife and I Ended up coming home with empty coolers this year. Oh well antelope season in 2 weeks hoping for a better outcome!

Back