Sig Sauer Simmons

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
Today I decided to check my .22 caliber rifle for accuracy with some Winchester Ammo. I had put a new 4x32mm Simmon Pro Sport scope on my Sig Sauer 522 field rifle. I have been seeing a lot of pine squirrels, aka red squirrels, aka pains in the you know where squirrels... so I wanted to be on.

I set a target up at 25 yards, and off a bench rest it did pretty good...

1-DSCN0644_zpsef83e00f.jpg

I think that is 30 rounds of Winchester ammunition there. It hits just slightly to the left.

So I picked a smaller target to test my theory...

2-DSCN0646_zps36086b6b.jpg

I was aiming for the brass bullet part sticking out of the sabot. I figured that would be about the size of one of them devil's little heads. When I held dead on it shot to the left. So I adjusted and decided I could live with what it was doing for now.

1-DSCN0645_zps259189a8.jpg

So I held dead cross hairs on the paper with my cross hairs... again, a little left. Also I was having some real junk cartridges showing up out of this box. Some of them the bullet was not seated right. One, the bullet was pointing at about a 25º angle off the top of the brass casing. I could straighten it of course. But for what they are hitting us now for these .22 bullets, they better get some quality control going on there.

I then started shooting the spinner targets in the yard. They were 42 yards away. They were easy. Aim right at the base of them and they'd spin like a top. After burning off probably 150 rounds... I decided to call it quits. I might give the scope two clicks to the right and shoot it again. But that is a fine shooting little rifle.

accessories003_zps12d9438b.jpg

:D

You really know how to have a good time. If it's not the smoke pole it's the 22's. Good going Dave :!: :!: :!: Put them squirrels in the oven with taters, carrots, peas and onions. Serve with wild rice................FINGER LICKIN' GOOD :!: :!: :!:

Ray............ :yeah:

Latest posts

Back