My new toy.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger8mm

Reaction score
7afa31f8450c102e99425419e65fc38f.jpg

This is my latest score. Rem 700 .30-06 ,Leopold 4x. For $300. Not too bad. Barrel inside perfect, it's been hunted with. Looks like a 70s manufacture. Want to try to go this weekend.

Re: My new toy.

Very nice classic looking hunting rifle! And for $300 you did good! Looks identical to my grandpa's 22-250 I grew up with.

My friend has the identical rifle. Even the same caliber. They are great shooters. He purchased his in 70' same year I purchased my deer rifle. I have seen him do some amazing long distance shooting with that rifle.

That is a great buy. :yeah: The scope goes for between $100 and $150 and the action alone is worth $300 to $350. I would have grabbed it too.

Great guns! I own two: one 30.06 and one .270. The 30.06 was manufactured in 1976 and I had to actually send it to a Remington certified gunsmith to get the safety modified because the trigger in it was actually one of the rifles manufactured that would fire while on safety. So, please call Remington with your serial number and make sure that your rifle has the safe trigger and doesn't need modification.

Yes, I'd evaluate any trigger recalls. I had 2 and put a Timney in one and a Shilen in the other. Yes I know the recall is free, but I wanted to go with a replacement trigger.

Yeah looked like it had 10 years of oil soaked dust in every nook and cranny. It had a weaver k4 on it but I put this Leopold M8 and new rings. Had to put the Leopold somewhere. Need to reload for it.

halloflin said:
Great guns! I own two: one 30.06 and one .270. The 30.06 was manufactured in 1976 and I had to actually send it to a Remington certified gunsmith to get the safety modified because the trigger in it was actually one of the rifles manufactured that would fire while on safety. So, please call Remington with your serial number and make sure that your rifle has the safe trigger and doesn't need modification.
I'll just blow out the trigger with gunscrubber.like a gunsmith did on my .243 win. It's the dust mixed with oil that gets into the moving parts that causing all the problems. Just blow out your triggers every 10 years.

Well 80 rounds in to the old rifle. I need to reload for it. I will turn my attention toward the 6.5x55 and get this after I find the perfect load for that rifle.

Latest posts

Back