RUGER HAWKEYE TIMNEY TRIGGER INSTALL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I INSTALLED TIMNEY TRIGGER IN NEW RUGER HAWKEYE YESTERDAY. NEW SEAR, TRIGGER AND SEAR/TRIGGER SPRING. IT WORKS FINE UNTIL PLACED BACK IN STOCK . WHEN I CYCLE BOLT IT IS LIKE I HAVE MY FINGER ON TRIGGER . WHEN I PUSH BOLT HANDLE DOWN THE TRIGGER RELEASES. THE ADJUSMENT DOESNT HELP. CANT CONTACT TIMNEY UNTIL TOMORROW MONDAY. ANY ONE GOT ANY IDEAS ? GUY

I had a timney do that on a used 700ml I bought. The trigger pull adjustment screw was screwed out too far, I'm guessing the person was trying to make a lighter trigger pull.

I would try to turn in the trigger weight adjustment screw to make the pull heavier and see what happens.

Thank you for your input. I did try adjusting screw to no avail. this is frustrating it must have something to do with stock maybe ? I admit I am stumped. guy

Does it work ok out of the stock? If it does then there is something about the stock that is binding the trigger.

Sounds good. It usually is something simple like that but can be a pain to find sometimes too.

Latest posts

Back