Whats your favorite semi auto shotgun?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semi auto - that's pretty specific. I have 2 and love them both.
#1 is Ithaca mag 10 auto with custom Briley screw in chokes.
#2 is Browning Gold 10 ga auto with screw in chokes.
both of these guns kill like lightning and have a "softer" recoil than my BPS or 870 shotguns.

However my favorite shotguns are 2 new to me guns.
#1 is 870 12 ga Special Field. It has the straight stock, short tube magazine and 22" barrel, screw in choke system.
#2 is Browning Pump Shotgun in Special Field configueration. Like the 870 but bottom eject.
both these guns are light, handy and fit me well. Not a drawback but with short tube mag you only get 3 in plus 1 in chamber. both guns were purchased used, BPS still mfg but the 870 in that style is no longer made.
W

My favorite semi auto was/is the Benneli Super Sport, i have owned 2 of them, very nice guns, but also spendy. The Benneli Cordoba is a Super Sport in Camo

I shot a Remington 11/87 for quite a few years, then a Benelli SBE for a few and then a Benelli M2. I'm still shooting the M2 but I've always felt that I shot better with the SBE.

sawtoothscream said:
On the cheap, my Mossberg 935 shoots pretty good and cycles good. If I could go back in time I would have got the 930 though,. 935 is made for 3" - 3.5"

same here, bought mine for turkey and ducks and never went duck hunting with it yet lol. From my experience the 3.5" doesnt do anything better then the 3" on turkey.

dbowling said:
Remington 1100 in 20 ga

While i love the Benelli Semi autos and prefer them over all others, I shot better competitive trap scores with a Remington model 1100, My beef with the 1100 is reliability, they get dirty easily and quit running, Cycling Reliability wasn’t an issue on the Trap line, Shooting Trap is a single shot game with a shell catcher attached to the ejection port so you don’t bounce empties off your competitors. When i moved to 5 Stand, and/or Sporting Clays i grabbed my Benelli

Back