Bix'N Andy Triggers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these Bix'N Andy Triggers? I have been looking to upgrade the trigger in a New Remington 700 Varmint .308 Win, i have owned several Timney Triggers over the years and they were good, but not what i would call outstanding, the last Timney i had was for a Howa 1500, it was the Worst Timney i have ever felt, it had creep that i could not get out, i could it really close but then the trigger became unreliable and would go off during slam fire testing so i had no choice but to deal with a creepy trigger. I decided to step it up a notch or 2 and go with a higher end Trigger than the Timney, i have never owned or operated a Jewell but have heard MANY MANY good things about them, but also some bad things, like locking up in dirty, wet conditions (I understand that any, and every trigger can fail if not taken proper care of) Anyway, i came across these Bix'N Andy triggers and did quite a bit of research on them, WOW they are spoken VERY VERY highly of!! To me it came down to The Jewell HVR and the Bix'N Andy TacSport, i chose the Bix. Anyone have hands on experience with these triggers?

No but eagerly awaiting what you hear/post. I have a Jewel on a Rem action and it is the best trigger I have ever used but I have not used it in really bad weather.

I got my Bix' N Andy TacSport 2 stage trigger and installed it in my rifle, WOW is all i can say!!! This trigger is unlike any trigger i have ever worked with, I didn't know they could make a trigger this good and stil be safe? This Bix trigger is truly AMAZING!! Super easy to adjust from 10 ounces to 4.5 lbs, length of pull is adjustable, 1st and second stage, and obviously the sear engagement. I took my rifle out and shot it first thing this morning, i fired a fouling shot off paper and then proceeded to shoot a 3 shot group, This was 100 yards, my group measures .492, here is my target

looks like yer gun is shootin' w-a-y left there Lewis. :poke:

but seriously, looks like yer on to somethin' there. :yeah:

bubba.50 said:
looks like yer gun is shootin' w-a-y left there Lewis. :poke:

but seriously, looks like yer on to somethin' there. :yeah:

When you get a good shootin Centerfire with a precisely tuned trigger, good quality scope, soild bench, and sand bags they are almost to easy! This new little .308 with 26" bbl has shot everything ive tried in it so far, its not finicky at all. I haven't tried other bullet weights and i probably won't in this rifle, it will shoot these Nosler BT 165s inside eachother if i do my part. The thing i like about this rifle is it's a heavy varmint barrel, i can really settle in with this thing! Ive always owned lighter weight sporter rifles, while they are nice to carry if you walk a bunch, they are also harder to settle in with, the lighter the rifle the worse it gets. The way i hunt these Whitetail it's boring, about like watching grass grow! I like to find a spot tucked back away that i can sit and watch, about an hour before dark things start popping out that you had no idea were there. My dad calls these Whitetail the 'old mans deer' if you have the Patience and can sit stil til dark in a good known spot you will almost Gauranteed get a dandy every year. We walk hunted Mule deer and Coastal blacktail, that was the preferred method, when they jumped if everything was right they would usually go about 80-100 yards, stop and look back at ya BOOM! These Whitetail are different critters, you spook one these things and he might end up in another County/Zip code, and RARELY do they ever stop once they take off. Moral of the story, i bought this Heavy .308 with the thoughts of stand/sit hunting these Whitetail

before I lost access to all the farms I grew-up huntin' on I used just about the exact same tactics. find a good trail 'tween their beddin' & feedin' area to set up on then nestle down in a little patch of weeds, hunker down beside a clump of brush, back up against a briar patch or whatever. all ya need is somethin' to bust up yer outline.

about the only difference is with the echo of the hills here they can't always tell where the shot came from so, they bolt about a dozen steps then stop to look around & it's often possible to bag a double without ever leavin' yer seat. another difference is if yer huntin' with somebody one of ya can play beagle & take out after them and they will run in a large circle to cross back where ya started from & the second person can get another shot.

bubba.50 said:
before I lost access to all the farms I grew-up huntin' on I used just about the exact same tactics. find a good trail 'tween their beddin' & feedin' area to set up on then nestle down in a little patch of weeds, hunker down beside a clump of brush, back up against a briar patch or whatever. all ya need is somethin' to bust up yer outline.

about the only difference is with the echo of the hills here they can't always tell where the shot came from so, they bolt about a dozen steps then stop to look around & it's often possible to bag a double without ever leavin' yer seat. another difference is if yer huntin' with somebody one of ya can play beagle & take out after them and they will run in a large circle to cross back where ya started from & the second person can get another shot.

You have DEFINITELY hunted Whitetails bubba!! Breaking your silhouette up is really important! Anything works, as you said a little clump of trees/brush, even your back to a tree. They are incredibly intelligent deer, they are far more so than Mule deer and Blacktail deer in my experience, i have successfully hunted them all. Try and walk hunt a Whitetail and they will make a fool out of you in a hurry, walking circles around ya! Sure you might get lucky now n then, but you will go through a lot of boots! BUT Whitetail like all other critters have a weak spot, and ive found it to be about an hour before dark, if i plan to watch a spot i will get there about 2, maybe 3hrs before dark, no need to sit there all day unless you just want to? Or they are rutting, if they are rutting, like most creatures including humans they lose their marbles and you might see a GREAT BIG Ole buck come trotting across a wide open field in the middle of the day! I have never partnered up and tried a deer drive, I've heard its a successful way to hunt them, or at least get a chance at one

Picture of the New Bix trigger installed, i have it fine tuned for me. These things are truly incredible triggers!

This rifle, trigger combo keeps amazing me! I shot this group this morning with my dad, i had this rifle scrubbed clean to bare steel, all copper removed, etc. my first shot felt wrong? And it was, its the one on the left (but stil inside an inch) then i shot 5 more shots, this group measures .232, not counting the flyer

6 shots

Back