F-Class cartridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbide8

Reaction score
Anyone shooting F Class? Curious as to what the most popular cartridge is as of late...

Been shooting 6mm recreational for many years and joined the 6.5 creedmoor band wagon since inception. Kindve held out on 6.5-284 waiting to see how public reaction was. Now there's the 26 nos.

Ive always been prone to oddball cartridges and am willing to give a new cartridge a chance. Just not sure what you gain from these new lazers.

Just curious as to what the most popular cartridge is in F class today or if anyone here shoots the 65-284 or 26 Nos.

Thx

I only shoot the small local stuff and not real serious. Use mostly 308 Win. If I feel like purely donating my fees I will shoot in open and use a 6.5x284 or 6.5 Swede against purpose built guns. Haven't been to a match in a awhile so I don't know the flavor of the week.

I was highly considering 65-284 until i started pricing it all out. Cant go wrong with the 308!

"Flavor of the week" pretty much sums it up. I assume the 26 nosler was just that. Just didnt know if more people were giving it a go.

Most of the military size chambers always seemed to me to be the most reasonable in price, just perhaps so many more of them made/shot.

I have 2 savages in 6.5x284. They have always done great for me. I have a friend that shoots the prs series with a 6mm creedmoor and it is also a fine round for long range.

A Few guys I know built F-Class rifles in 6BR.

Latest posts

Back