Any Ruger Single Action Fans?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Reaction score
Any Ruger single action fans? The Rugers seem to have been a common ground in my family. Anything from a single six to a custom put together 38/40. I tend to shoot my .357 Super Blackhawk the most. Leaning toward buying a 44 mag in a Super Blackhawk Hunter in a Bisley grip. Any fans out there?

Not Ruger single action but a big fan of Ruger handgun/ revolvers. I have a Super Redhawk in .44 mag that is a hoot to shoot and extremely accurate. If I didn't love hunting with muzzleloaders so much I could easily see using that as my primary hunting weapon. I also have one of the first SR1911 and that is a wonderful gun also and a few other Rugers as well. All Good guns.

I have a third year production 1957 Ruger single six. It was passed down to me from my great uncle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Blackhawks in 357 Magnum, 41 Magnum and 44 Special and all have used for deer hunting.

This one was new to me 50 years ago.
53f2ee08e215ca712cea9cafd154e15e.jpg

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I have two Single-Six revolvers and a Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I haven't shot any of them lately, but don't plan on selling any.

just like the Marlins in that other question I no longer have any of them but, I've owned a stainless 'Police Service Six', blue 'Security Six, and a 'Super Redhawk' in double action along with an early 'Bearcat' with the brass triggerguard, a 'Single-Six' like the one shown here except it only had the magnum cylinder, three 'Super Blackhawks' in 44mag, a 44cal 'Blackhawk' with fluted cylinder, and a stainless 'Old Army' with the stock cylinder and an R&D conversion cylinder in 45 Colt caliber.

I've owned some darn nice ones over the years, But don’t currently own one. The last really nice one i had is kind of a funny story, it was an old 3 Screw SBH .44 Magnum, i traded a guy an old Winchester pump 22 with a cruddy bore (i pointed it out to him, he stil wanted it) This guy has been a known wheeler dealer ever since i was a little kid and can remember, He is a really good honest guy though. He told me that he bought that 44 brand new in 1971 or 72, he told me it was the only gun he owned that he never thought about trading? But that he just didn’t use it, and couldn’t see himself ever starting? In all those years he hadn’t shot more than 2-3 cylinder full of shells thru that gun, it literally looked brand new, that was back when Rugers were actually finished SUPER NICE! He stil had the old yellow box it came in. We made the swap, a couple weeks went by and i was talking to him, he told me he REALLY regretted letting that revolver go, like i said he was an honest good guy and ive known him my whole life, i knew what the 44 was worth, and obviously ole bill hadn’t kept up to date on that one, since I genuinely liked him i offered it back to him for 350 bucks which was a RIDICULOUSLY good deal (what i had in that old 22 i traded him) he was all excited to get it back! He bought it back. I hadn’t talked to him or seen him in a few months after that, when i finally did run in to him the first thing he said was ‘you should have kept that Ole 44! I asked why? He told me he traded it again a week or so after buying it back from me!! LOLOL, Just goes to show an old trader will probably always be an old trader! Had I known he was gonna do that i would have kept that old gun! But i figured he had learned his lesson? And i was giving him a chance to get it back, but actually all it did was help him figure out how much it was actually worth, and he made a better trade! LOL

I bought a Super Blackhawk in 1970 from a highschool classmate that bought the gun to take along on spring break to Texas because he was told there was high crime in the area he was headed. This guy was a very slight built fella....twigs for arms and legs and was the epitome of inexperienced with handguns of any sort.. When he bought the gun he bought CARBINE ammunition for it. The first shot cracked his wrists in spite of a two handed grip on the gun. The front sight blade also was buried in his forehead requiring a few stitches. I bought the pistol from him with one shot thru it and finally sold it a year or so ago. I still have the .256 and .30 carbine Ruger Single Action revolvers but they don't get shot much. Nice guns but very hard to find.

Latest posts

Back