Contests

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaHunter

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on contests for our members. I would like to have more than just a big Deer or Turkey contest so please be creative in your ideas...

How about the longest shot on a pumpkin this fall. The honor system would be applied, of course.

Better yet, how about a scheduled day this fall when we can get as many people in different areas to shoot that day and post their best groups. Prizes can then be awarded...

Wolf_River_Mike said:
How about the longest shot on a pumpkin this fall. The honor system would be applied, of course.

wooo hooo!!!! Im in!!!! :yeah:

IndianaHunter wrote:
Better yet, how about a scheduled day this fall when we can get as many people in different areas to shoot that day and post their best groups. Prizes can then be awarded...

That sounds like fun IH. Maybe an aggregate competition, Pumpkin shoot, 50 yd offhand, 100 yd bench, 200 yd bench.

One drawback I can see right off the bat is rain in different parts of the country on a given day. Just some ideas...

I shot an old monitor from a old computer once but it was kind a disappointment. Didn't explode like I expected :? . Maybe it should have been plugged in :wink:

Another thought, if we decide to shoot pumpkin, we need to restrict the size of pumpkin. Some of you Indiana/Illinois guys will be shooting at them 4' pumpkins with that black dirt y'all have up there. :wink:

I was thinking I would make a target for the event so everyone is shooting the same thing. Link it to the site and make it available to everyone whose going to participate. We could make it a weekend or a week for that matter. Verifications will consist of pictures of the range area, gun, signed and dated target and a cool story about your load and the day at the range?. If there is a tie then the pics and story told will be the tie breaker?What do you think?.its still a work in progress for me?
Here are a few questions?
3 shot groups
Categories:
Primitive:
Flintlock ? Iron sites
Percussion Cap ?Iron sites
if scoped, they fall into in-line category!
Modern inline:
Black powder
Smokeless powder

IndianaHunter said:
I was thinking I would make a target for the event so everyone is shooting the same thing. Link it to the site and make it available to everyone whose going to participate. We could make it a weekend or a week for that matter. Verifications will consist of pictures of the range area, gun, signed and dated target and a cool story about your load and the day at the range?. If there is a tie then the pics and story told will be the tie breaker?What do you think?.its still a work in progress for me?
Here are a few questions?
3 shot groups
Categories:
Primitive Muzzleloaders
Flintlock ? Iron sites
Percussion Cap ?Iron sites
if scoped, they fall into in-line category!
Modern inline Muzzleloaders
Black powder
Smokeless powder

OK Slug guns....too, but I'm drawing the line here...No spears, slingshots, wrist rockets...etc...

Donations

I probally won't enter any of the contests, but I will donate a couple of containers of 50 cal. Shockwaves, to be added as a prize :lol: .

Good luck to all shooters,

Re: Donations

Kodiak said:
I probally won't enter any of the contests, but I will donate a couple of containers of 50 cal. Shockwaves, to be added as a prize :lol: .

Good luck to all shooters,

That's great... As this event gets closer I'll frop you a line...

This sounds like alot of fun. Guess I'll put this target away for another day :shock: :lol: :lol:

Orange_moon.jpg

Hope your target will be in PDF format.....

Looking forward to it, and I'll kick in a package (15 in the pack) of 250gr ShockWave bullets (.50cal) for the prize table.......I'll cover shipping to the winner!

Not much of a story writer, is anyone willing to write my goofy story? Just kidding!

Need rules, need time frame to do it, and what about them non-digital camera owners?(I have one, but someone else might not).

Scott B

Back