Entries for SMOKELESS Muzzleloading buck 2006..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big6x6

Reaction score
Enter your buck for SMOKELESS Buck of the Year 2006 here. THANKS!

The winner HERE gets a brand spankin' new EZ Tool RV as supplied by Pocampo!

Well, here's my entry. Shot him this morning 15 minutes after legal shooting time. Picture taken a couple minutes later. The whole story is in the muzzleloader success forum. dropped at the shot. 250 bonded SW over 43 grains of 4759 and Win primer

Picture238.jpg

2006shortyB.jpg

HB #161 shooting XTP 300 and 58 grains of N120 at 171 yards. Give Stoney Point - Pole Cat steady sticks an assist. Heart shot on 10/20/2006 along the Iowa River near Eldora, IA. It is 11 points with an inside spread of about 19 iinches. I'm hopeful that someone, and maybe me, will get a much bigger entry. BR's - Cob

Thanks. Corncob's buck is a dandy and he did a better job of showing it off. After I finish cleaning up the antlers I'll have to take another picture and post it.

I cleaned up the skull today and took a picture.

Picture246.jpg

I then scored it and it came out at 135 2/8. 19 inch greatest spread and 1 5/8 inches in deductions.

Arkansas Buck

I just realized I could enter the buck I took during the Arkansas October ML hunt.

Here is a link to the story:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... highlight=

I killed this buck in Arkansas and gross score is just a touch over 149".
P1010005.jpg

But 2 days later I took this buck from the same stand, He grosses just under 133".
P10100010.jpg

One heck of a stand placement, my son killed this buck on the day between the my 2 hunts. His gross scored 130" also. Now he wants all the credit for scouting and "picking" the stand location. Good "pick" son!
P1010003.jpg

Illinois 10pt. SMI/wildcat

Well I will try with this deer I killed in ILL on fri the first gun season in ILL.

He is a 150" 10 pt 18" inside spread 20.5 " outside.

Shot with the SMI (green monster!) and my 375 gr rbbt Wildcat ML bullet.

distance of the shot was 60 yards shot in the heart breaking both shoulders

ILL150.jpg

the deer was 260 lbs!

I'll bet you could hear a thud, and maybe the ground shook, when that bad boy went down for a dirt nap. Nice harvest!

BR's Cob

Here's my entry. And believe this is a monster for the neck of the woods I frequent :shock: :lol: 8) :roll:

DSC02634Medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back