Entries for Muzzleloading Buck 2006...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big6x6

Reaction score
Enter your NON-Smokeless muzzleloading buck here! Thanks!

Winner HERE gets some Ballistic Extreme bullets as supplied by Parker Productions AND some MMP sabots!

KY Buck

KyBuck-1.jpg

Took this 10 pt. on the opening day of KY muzzloader season with a Knight LK .50 cal., 100 gr. of Pyrodex RS and a 295 gr. Powerbelt. 19" inside spread.

[/img]
KyBuck3.jpg

That's an excellent buck you got there. How far away was the deer from you and how far did it run with the Powerbelt hit? I have the same rifle and it shoots the Sabretooth conicals excellent. I've never tried the powerbelts in it lately..

The shot

40 yds. away, broadside, and he fell in his tracks.

C:\Elkinde\cameradownload\Deerhunt06\Deerhunt06 019.JPG
This is my 1st buck with the muzzleloader. Had 3 doe under my belt with the ole Hawken 50 side hammer. 90 yrds. 100 grns. Pyrodex with a 240 grn. T/C Cheap Shot sabot. Dropped in his tracks.

Elkinde said:
This is my 1st buck with the muzzleloader. Had 3 doe under my belt with the ole Hawken 50 side hammer. 90 yrds. 100 grns. Pyrodex with a 240 grn. T/C Cheap Shot sabot. Dropped in his tracks.

I don't see a picture.
This looks like the location of the picture on your compluter and we don't have access to it :wink: . If you need help loading you picture, let us know.

We have directions for posting pics in the help area... If you have trouble there, email me the pic and I will gladly post it for ya!

Can't wait to see it! :lol:

Hi gang. Took my brand new, handbuilt, muzzleloader to Boise Blanc Island and on 11/15 got this 3 pointer. I mentioned all the particulars of the gun building on the Doe contest. to save you reading it twice, look there first :)...

going to my stand I spotted a year and a half old buck at approx 95 yds. I shot, hit low, and finshed him off with a shot to the neck. This is the FIRST deer killed with the new gun.

I resighted in the gun following returning and found that it had settled in at 3" low. You see, I finished it on 11/9, sighted it in on the 10th and took up for the island on the 13th. I have since returned to the island and got another small doe, right on!!

This is the pix of the buck.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/lindacw/IMG_1756.jpg[/img]

clint

Hi Guys, This is my 2006 buck, harvested opening morning of the Ohio shotgun season. I had watched this buck throughout bow season running with a dandy buck, (bigger horns but smaller body).
Each time I saw the two together I wondered which one I would take if I were forced to choose between the two....
The night before gun season I had made a decision. I would take the bigger bodied 8 point if they were running together. I figured the smaller bodied buck might just be spectacular next year if it could survive another season.

Long story short, the big bodied 8 pt was alone and presented me a broadside, 140 yard shot as he crossed a field shortly after daylight.

I was using my .50 Encore, 270 gr platinums, and a max load of 777.

2006buck.jpg

2006BuckHorns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back