Entries for FIRST Muzzleloading Buck..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big6x6

Reaction score
Post you entry for FIRST Muzzleloading Buck 2006 here.. Thanks!

Winner HERE gets bullets as supplied by Parker Productions sabots from the folks a MMP!

I will get things started here, I'm sure bigger and better will surely follow! :lol: :wink:

My first MZ buck:

S5030181-1.jpg

S5030173-1.jpg

Got him in the early 2 day MZ season in Western Kentucky.

Story can be read here:

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... php?t=4909

Good buck!!

Nice buck. I was in KY that weekend, myself. Had a memorable trip, and got invited back next year.

I shot my first deer and yes it was a buck, a button at that with my Omega.
I'm not proud, just hungry!!!! LMBO
Honestly, he will be much appreciated this spring when money is tight.
I'll post pics as soon as I host him somewhere.
I shot him from about 25ft up in a stand with Surefire Sabots made for TC.
These hollow points open up super quick. Almost explosion like. 90 gr of 2FF Goex at about 55 yds.
The bullet did pass through so I can't show pics of that. I wish I could though.
The Surefire 230 gr did a great job and the buck never took a step.
I'll get the pic up hopefully tomorrow after I get back from another day with the smokepole. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have another that has experienced the wrath of the Omega.

295700-largest_ML_deer_Cropped.jpg

Dave

1st ML buck from WI. "06

deerhunt06019rk1.jpg
This guy came from Waushara Co. on the 3rd day of the season. Pedersoli Rem. Rolling Block 50cal. 100gr.Pyrodex RS, 240gr. Cheap Shot Sabot at 90 yrds. dropped dead in his tracks. Had been working up this load for quite some time at 100 yrds. Practice makes perfect.[/img]

Cheap Shot

If I might ask, what kind of penetration did you get with the Cheap Shot?

It was a pass through both lungs behind the shoulder. This was the 1st deer with the cheap shots. All my other deer were taken with patched round ball out of a Traditions Hawken. Did find some lead pieces when I butchered him.

P10100132.jpg

My son Richards first deer,could be prouder check out the Iowa boys forum
Have fun and be safe

My first ML Buck!

Just bought the Omega in November. Been shooting the standard 2 777Pellet load under a 250gr Shockwave with exellent results. My first day out was Wednesday 12/13/06 in the pouring rain. I managed to put the sneak on 3 bedded does and put the largest of the group down with a nice 40yd broadside shot. The Shockwave passed through and she piled up after a short 25yd dash. I was very pleased as this was my first BP deer.

The very next day the weather was beautiful although a bit warm. I hunted hard and saw nothing until 12:45pm. I had been sitting for about an hour when all of a sudden a deer appears out of nowhere. I had another antlerless tag and decided if I saw another mature doe I would take her. The deer turned out to be a spike which is not legal in my DMU, but I wouldn't shoot one anyway. I watched him stretch as he just rose from his noon nap when I caught a glimpse of another deer still bedded behind him just 80yds from where I sat. I couldn't identify deer number 2 until it decided to stand up, and then......It was on! It got nerve racking for about 3 or 4 minutes because I could not get a clear shot and the buck was right on the edge of a real dense thicket. If he decided to just stroll I'd be out of luck. Anyway I decided not to try the neck shot that I was presented as he stood behind the spike, and my patience finally paid off. The buck stood still as the spike move a couple of steps just browsing and then I had a clear broadside 80yd shot. I steadied the Omega on my knee and squeezed off what would be a perfect shot. Both deer ran off as if they were untouched and I could barely see them as I peered through the smoke. Well I figured there would be no second chances so I took my time reloading and started to second guess myself in spite of what felt like an excellent shot. I made my way to where the deer stood and found little evidence of a hit but continued in the direction I thought the buck ran. I walked about 20 yds beyond and could see him piled up about another 60yds from where I stood. He ran about 70 or 80yds total after the shot. The post mortem revealed a complete pass through of the 250gr Shockwave and massive trauma to the top of the heart....it was literally blown to shreds. Anyway, I was thrilled. The buck is a perfect 8pt with 10.5" G2's. A very good buck for this DMU.

My first two days ever in the field with a muzzleloader could not have been better, and I felt they were worth sharing.

s6
458028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back