Recovered SST-ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonny

Reaction score
Here's a 300 gr Hornady SST-ML I recovered from last years deer. The deer was approximately 135 yds. and was shot uphill. The bullet struck the shoulder, then the spine, and finally came to rest just inside the hide on the far side. I'm not sure about the weight retention, but I was shooting 90 gr. vol. of BH209 out of a Traditions Pursuit. Due to striking the spine, the deer dropped in his tracks.
2011-12-13_19-03-00_535-1.jpg

And here's the buck, shot on Christmas Day.
Dec262010d-1-1.jpg

Congrats! nice buck! That bullet looks good, that's my second choice on a bullet for deer hunting and its good to know it held up so well in case my first choice is unavailable.

Is that one of the bucks from an earlier trail cam post?

Is that one of the bucks from an earlier trail cam post?

I haven't posted any pictures of that particular deer, though I do have some. I also have video of the buck licking my camera. I had put out a few apples so the deer would stop and pose, and must have had apple juice on my hands. I have already saved the photos and videos, and removed them from my computer. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Latest posts

Back