2012 Bear Cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbasin

Reaction score
Nothing but little guys so far, but I'm hopeful...

5-81.jpg

5-61.jpg

Where there are little bear, there will usually be big bear. Those boars will come in and chase off them little squirts. Kind of fun to watch. Although those younger bear have nice color to them. And are so good to eat.
:D

I remember the bear they hunted at my place. The bear was coming into the side yard by the back door all the time. It was driving my poor dog into fits. It had no cubs so I am guessing if a female, she was past her prime but when she'd walk by the 55 gallon barrel burning barrel, her back was taller then that.

I was telling the person that was going to hunt this bear about its size. And he did not believe me. I guessed the bear at over 400 pounds or more. I finally told him to come to my house at 3:00 pm and see it. As the bear always hit my yard around then. Sure enough him and another guy came over. The second guy was very experiences at bear hunting. When that bear walked into the yard... they were shocked. And the guy said to the hunter.. see I told you he was lying. That bear 400 pounds... man that thing is pushing 550 if its a pound over.

The day before hunting from stands was open.. dog hunters came in and pushed that bear .. illegally of course, off my property. As they later said.. dog can't read a no trespassing sign. So I had some words with them and kicked their standers off my property physically. The bear ran that pack of dogs down into the swamp and ended up killing two of them. They never did get the bear. And I never saw it again.

The hunter came to my house to hunt anyway and ended up getting a field dressed mind you.. 284 pound bear. Nice bear. Nice coat. But I sure would have liked to see that big devil on the ground.

Some day I am going to have to take a picture of the bear at the DNR station in Park Falls Wi. That is a 580 pounder they have mounted in there. It is huge.

I agree, hopefully it's just a matter of putting in my time for something bigger...and I do know that a bear of most any size taste pretty darn good. Not to mention my families favorite game meat.

FWIW, I took a 350lber. off this very spot in the spring of '07 so they're around... :D I'll keep you guys posted.

Back