Some of mine from this year.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micky_blue

Reaction score
SUNP0773.jpg

I called this one Chowda. His one big lobster claw made me think of New England and clam Chowda.
SUNP0054.jpg

This is the biggest deer I had on camera this year. Bocephus
SUNP0074.jpg
SUNP0076.jpg
SUNP0034_zps49327e85.jpg

This WAS Brutus.
SUNP1381_zpsae71649a.jpg
SUNP0573_zps0ad542d0.jpg
SUNP0052_zpse880a607.jpg
2012-11-15_11-16-39_988.jpg
2012-11-15_11-51-49_906.jpg

micky

way to pattern that deer. I can sure see the advantages of the trail cameras. But most of the pictures you see out of them are at night. Yours are during the day which tells me that you have a much better chance at a great deer.

How many hours did you have to sit, before you got a shot at that one?

Very neat character on those racks!

The time stamps are completely off. I had a hard enough time getting the thing to work, I didn't care about the time stamps. Plus the batteries were worn out twice so I didn't mess with it. You can see my house in the background on some of the pics. I would clear the pics every 5-7 days so I had a good idea when they were coming in.

I had to sit four times for him. I did not hunt all of September, and missed the first three and a half weeks in October. I did not want my scent, anything out there. I passed a few little bucks, but that is REAL easy when you know you have big ones.

A lot of the night pics were taken is August, September and early October. I live in an urban classified area, I don't know if that is how they act everywhere but that is what they do at my place.

I shot the deer at 18 yards with my bow. Either the angle was a bit more than I expected or I nicked the shoulder on the way in because I got one lung and clipped the stomach. I was a mess, but the meat went to the homeless. I have a population problem around me so I normally donate 3-5 deer per year to the homeless shelters.

micky

Latest posts

Back