Wolves, Bear, Fox, Pine Martin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
We set up a camera last fall at our deer land in Northeastern MN on one of our deer carcasses just to see what the circle of life had in store for it. One of the guys got the camera this past weekend and to our amazement the batteries were still good and it was still taking pictures. Over 4000 pics since last fall. He just emailed me over a few so I thought I would share. Enjoy!
(The bear pic was from before we moved the camera)
bear_zps53de0d1a.jpg

hawk_zps0767d2bd.jpg

Fox_zps33e247e2.jpg

EK000802_zps0ddfb9a9.jpg

wolf2_zps2bbc97ea.jpg

wolf3_zps5142e88b.jpg

pinemartin_zpsd91b86e7.jpg

Very cool pictures... its amazing what is in the woods.

To bad your camera doesn't go bang!!! It stinks seeing the wolves, well I guess you can start saying good bye to the elk population.

muzzle-loader said:
To bad your camera doesn't go bang!!! It stinks seeing the wolves, well I guess you can start saying good bye to the elk population.

We don't have elk in this area but they sure are doing a number on our deer herd. The last few years when I "still hunt" the late season in the deep snow I see more wolf tracks then deer tracks. We had our first wolf hunt this past fall in Minnesota and 3 of us drew tags, didn't get any shot opportunities :x . 2 years ago before we had a season as a group I think we could have had shots at them a dozen different times.

We don't have elk in this area but they sure are doing a number on our deer herd. The last few years when I "still hunt" the late season in the deep snow I see more wolf tracks then deer tracks. We had our first wolf hunt this past fall in Minnesota and 3 of us drew tags, didn't get any shot opportunities . 2 years ago before we had a season as a group I think we could have had shots at them a dozen different times.

The wolves have decimated the herds out west. They have now made it in to Oregon/Washington and now California. We are starting to see them more periodically and there is nothing to stop them, except for the SSS!!! :D

Latest posts

Back