2015 Photos on my newest cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some footage of a small spike and a doe down at my other stand where my ladder stand sits but I won't bother posting them here.
Having said that, I am still waiting to swap out the SD card in my 3rd cam where I have it in an island of couple acre woods where I almost got a shot at a pack of deer a couple years ago. Anxious to see how well it worked in that place.

Yeah CVA, me too. If you notice, these all were after dark or before sun up. However, in 2013 when I got my first cam (located deeper in woods by my first tree stand) I got to see 2 bucks in daylight but out of bow range. On that cam, I got pics of does and bucks in the dark and daylight. When I am in the woods if I don't see deer as it gets dark, I often wonder if they are coming out into the field in and around the area where my pics above were shot.
My hardest part about hunting this property is being in about 6 places where I know the deer appear. Also, as of the past few years; the hunting pressure on the 2 neighboring properties on either side of my spot has me trying to come up with a strategy for success before the other hunters can harvest or scare the deer away from my spots. From my tree stand in the woods, I can see a path where deer funnel down toward their stand on the other side of a fence between my spot and the neighbor's farm. They can eventually cross over on to my property, but if the other hunter's are in their spot, they shoot them before I can get a legal shot off. I am tempted to try taking my new climber stand and set it up down the hill from my ladder stand to try and intercept the deer before they can be shot by the other hunters. I am getting tired of watching them get deer after deer as I get shut out. To be continued.

This is a shot from the tip of my little 4 acre wooded island at my friend's place. There is an apple tree about 100 feet behind where I put this cam. I have captured several bucks and does passing thru here.

Here is the biggest buck there so far.

Back