Looking for opinions on cams

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Just recently got into scouting with a trail cam, think the one I have is made by big game tree stands. After using it I decided I need a few more. Been waiting for Walmart to clearance them and they finally did. Looking at the wild game innovations Terra 10 and the Primos I think bulletproof. Any one have either and give up so pros and cons?

I have 3 terra 10's.

They take good pictures. I used them all season. From September till two weeks ago. I might have put them out in July . I don't really remember when. I'd buy them again.

If you start scouting, buy 2 cards for each camera. Label them . Camera 1 , camera 2 ect.

Thank you, how are they on batteries? My camera is actually an Eyecon Crossfire and I spring for the rechargeable battery pack. I did end up buying another card so I could swap and go.

Two of them lasted all year. One of them died after a month, bad batteries to start.

Don't have the cams you have mentioned but one of my buddies has been using Primos for several years and seems like they are sent out for repair more than they are in the woods.

I have 9 Bushnell Trophy cams and have been very pleased with them over the last 6 or 7 years.

I don’t swap cards, I just use a card reader on my phone and save the pictures I want. I’ve got a half dozen WGI cameras, they are okay, but not great. I use them because they are cheap and my cameras are on public land and it’s not unusual to have one or two walk away each year.

Really I'm just getting into it, for years I have been that guy that goes out and looks for sign. Then finds a good place to set up. Unfortunately I have lost good property and have had to fall back on old grounds. That I believe have tapered off due to lack of hunting pressure on surrounding properties. I had hoped of trying to pattern the deer so I knew when and where to be. Hard to do with one cam.

QuinnTheEskimo said:
I don’t swap cards, I just use a card reader on my phone and save the pictures I want. I’ve got a half dozen WGI cameras, they are okay, but not great. I use them because they are cheap and my cameras are on public land and it’s not unusual to have one or two walk away each year.
I only swap out cards when scouting and trying to get an idea of what is going on in the area. So I can get in and get out . I don't want to stay in the area more than I have to

Back