• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for left handed .32 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishtony

Reaction score
looking for lefthanded .32 cal Thompson/Center Cherokee for PRB .315"
or a
left handed as well if they even made one.

Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co on the Limited Edition run
built in the Knight DISC Extreme action, in .32 caliber

there was only a bit over 250 of those green mtn guns ever made I never heard of one in left hand. I tried for years to get one of those, anyone that was lucky enough to get one will not part with it. I ended up having one made on a mountaineer by inserting a turned down .32 barrel right inside a bored .50 theres been a few posts about its build on several forums. I shoot left handed myself (im right handed, but found out as a kid i had a left predominant eye and taught myself to shoot lefty. ill shoot rifle lefty mostly, but shotgun just as good either way) also have a cherokee in RH and have no probs shooting. the only issue so far is occasional flashburn on my right wrist, but a flashguard remedied that pretty well. Ive never owned a left handed gun, and at this point it would probably just screw me up.

well bummer on the # made man those .32 are hard to find i have looked all over
and i left handed one must be a grey goose story.
of the weapons i do have in lefty all cost me dearly i recon they charge for the tool up time
and mistakes make for a abnormal run.

maybe some member can guide me to a brick and motor place that has left handed
stocks and barrels then i will work on it or a pre cut stock for form yet not cut for lock yet if they do this

i would even go for a 44 cal older gun that i could redo.
all of my pistols choot 44 how cool would it be to cary one load for both

i can feel my pocket in pain just typing this out i know this weapon is gonna set me back LOL

about the cheapest and easiest remedy would be to have a barrel made for this action
InlineActionw262.jpg
this can be purchased here http://www.longrifles-pr.com/actions.shtml then a barrel in any cal or custom twist could easily be fitted. you would have to find a willing gunsmith, and wait for an opening in his schedule. the next obstacle would be a stock, one would have to be made or fitted to suit. I have been looking at this setup and figuring for a bit now..and I may have one made myself. Im thinking fast twist .36 cal at this time. Mostly to use the MMP sabot for .36 cal and range fun, possibly varminting

Squeeze said:
about the cheapest and easiest remedy would be to have a barrel made for this action
InlineActionw262.jpg
this can be purchased here http://www.longrifles-pr.com/actions.shtml then a barrel in any cal or custom twist could easily be fitted. you would have to find a willing gunsmith, and wait for an opening in his schedule. the next obstacle would be a stock, one would have to be made or fitted to suit. I have been looking at this setup and figuring for a bit now..and I may have one made myself. Im thinking fast twist .36 cal at this time. Mostly to use the MMP sabot for .36 cal and range fun, possibly varminting
Squeeze,

Do they make a Breech plug for that action? It says the small action is threaded 5/8"diameter but that looks to have a Male shank that this treaded for the barrel. Sort of backwards from a standard bolt action. :huh?:

Looks like it might not weigh that much so the rifle could be light.

i cant feel my pocket getting lighter already
this small cal rifle is gonna cost this left handed man a few bucks i bet.LOL

I really dont know much about it. That action was pictured in another forum on a post about my mountaineer .32 conversion. It was a suggestion about another possibility by the guy who built it (Colin Stoltzer, Stoltzer and son) I clicked on the photo, and pasted it into search and came up with the pecatonia webpage. It looks to me like the action functions as the breech but im just guessing. Weight was the basic factor on the thought, as the small bore barrel in a large bore diameter tube, left a lot of metal out front and made for a heavy gun, about my only complaint on the gun at all. but thats the same with almost any replacement/refit to a smaller bore. this action/build just another thing on the wish list I would love to eventually do, but I dont know if it will ever really happen at this point

I don't mean to upset anyone here, but I have a 32 cal green mountain limited edition on its way to my house.
I'll post more about it when it gets here!

pjsoden said:
I don't mean to upset anyone here, but I have a 32 cal green mountain limited edition on its way to my house.
I'll post more about it when it gets here!

Are you serious! You actually found a GMB .32, their little inline? :shock: Man you lucky Dog. PLEASE post some pics when you get it.

Fed -Ex should be dropping it off on Saturday, I'll let you know how it shoots after the weekend.

Back