New Powerbelt INSERT IGNORE Mold in progress

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
New Powerbelt Insert Mold in progress

Got the new drill press in, Found a screw that has a perfect straight thread cut on it so it will be round and not be lopsided on one end. I started out with the .45cal mold which will fit both the Copper series .45 and the Platinum series .45 Powerbelts.

I need to pick up some roll pins, angle iron, washers and some 1/4" bolts so i can put it all together and run some lead inserts before threading it. I want to make sure i drilled the holes deep enough.
http://thepowerbeltforum.powerguild.net ... 5.htm#3660

The .50cal series mold i will build next.

Handles were started today. We got one and a half done. I still have to drill the mold and thread the block for the 1/4 bolts. I need to pick up a smaller Diameter bolt for the mount the handles together. 1/4" was just a bit to big. Also need some spring washers.
mold013.jpg

Now the Silver Aluminum spacer is a bushing that will go on top of the sprue cutter. It will enable me to tighten down on the bolt and still be able to move the sprue cutter back and forth with ease. It still needs to be cut down to size though.
mold014.jpg

Latest posts

Back