.....295 gr hollow points........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D 8) :)

2 weeks ago I took a large doe with one shot with a powerbelt and this passed weekend I took another.The bullet took out everything in her rib cage. She was angleing to me very at a slight angle but I waited for the shot and when it was right I squeezed it off. The bullet hit her right behind the shoulder and came out at the last 2 ribs on her other side. Lungs and live were no more. Shot was a pass thru so I can't show any bullet parts or a mushroomed bullet. I really don't think there will ever be a recovered bullet that goes thru the rib cage. The 295 GR POWERBELT H/P do the trick :!:
Photos are in another section.....

Here is some photo's of a deer I shot with a 295 grain powerbelt hollow point. You can see the entrance hole behind the right shoulder in the first and second photo. There was no exit hole. Load was two fifty grain pyrodex pellets. Distance was thirty yards with the deer slightly quartering toward me. Powerbelt (167 grain retained weight) recovered from hide. The 295 grain spirepoint powerbelt is for ref. because I did not have another hollow point for photo. Deer ran about 50 yards. I have taken two deer with the 295 grain hollow point. Neither left a blood trail or exited the deer. However , both deer did not make it far.

100_1837.jpg

100_1841.jpg

000_0024.jpg

Back