light load for acurra 50 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jatopa

Reaction score
Would like anyones opinion of the best choice of a 200-225 gr bullet and what sabot to use in a 50cal cva acurra.I'm looking for something that would really flat shooting.

200grain hornady XTP seems to be a good flat shooting bullet. Im not sure what sabot that would take, Maybe the light blue sabot?

200 grain Shockwave. It is a .10mm bullet in a blue MMP sabot made for the .50 caliber. You get excellent accuracy and they shoot as flat as any bullet can. They seem to be accuracy in many rifles. Also hunters report they are real deer killers.

If flat and softer is the main objective any of the tipped 200gr 10mm/40cal bullets will be hard to beat. I use mostly Hornady 200gr SSTs but i dont think they offer that bullet with a 50cal sabot. TC does though under the Shockwave series.

Although im not a huge fan of PRs bullets (such as Dead Centers) some of them are also very flat shooters and they offer several in 50x40s from 195gr-250gr+.

Barnes offers a 195gr flat based Spitzer MZ but again you will need to buy the sabots for the 50cal instead of the 45.

I really like the 44 cal. 225grn Hornady FTX in a harvester crush rib sabot with 100 grns of BH209 and a CCI 209M primer in my Accura. I actually shot 2 bullets in the same hole with this load yesterday at 100 yds! This will be my hunting load for this year. The more I shoot my Accura the more I like it and its one of the best shooting guns I own.

Latest posts

Back