Powerbelts...Aero vs. Hollow?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight

Reaction score
I've always shot 245gr Powerbelt aero tips and I have yet to have a problem with them. I need to purchase some new stock and was wondering if
there is a huge difference between the Aero Tips and Hollow points.

I'm going to order a bulk supply and thought maybe I could save some coin going with the hollow points if they shot close the same.

if you're shooting 100+ grain, go with the hollow points. The aerotips IMO do more damage once the bullet starts to mushroom. More damage to the bullet i should say

I could be wrong but does Powerbelt not recommend loads of 100+ to use a Aero-tip because the hollow points open to fast.

I'll never be shooting over 100 grains of T7 pellets or 80 grains of T7 2f.

Basically what I read on the PB site is says the Aero fly more true at longer distances due to the tip.

I am normally the kind of guy that sticks with what works even if there might be something that may work a little bit better. I however might just have to get some HP and see how they compare.

50-100 yards, the Hollow point is the better bullet. The Aerotips main flaw is the fact that the INSERT IGNORE has a smooth shaft and once the bullet impacts the sand, it can and will 95% of the time turn sideways and cut deep into the center of the bullet and weaken it right in the center. Thats when the bullet fragments.
000_0614.jpg

One of my forum members actually did some testing with copper inserts and again due to the smooth shaft, they turned sideways and cut into the bullet, weakening it.

Some .45cal Aerotip VS Hollow point,
Picture065.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Hollow Point,
Picture068.jpg

Picture070.jpg

FG-

That is exactly what I need to see!

You are the man! Thanks for the great response!

Dave

Back