New! Powerbelt Aerolite January 2011

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Dudley wrote this in a response to someone on the cva blog,

"Right now, I am shooting a brand new PoweBelt called the AeroLite. It is a very long bullet, but is kept light by having a very large hollow point cavity that is then filled with an equally large hard polycarbonate aerotip. This allows the 250 bullet to be as long as a 300 grain standard or Platinum PowerBelt. This extra length and the aerodynamic shape of the bullet make it incredibly accurate -- I am talking 100 yard groups with all holes touching! Also, these AeroLites are "tuned" to perform best with 100 grain charges -- what most shooters actually use -- and with velocities produced by 100 grain charges they are devastating. They can also be used effectively with magnum charges, as long as the range is far enough for the speed to have reduced to about 1800 FPS or below. We will start shipping these early in 2011."

And here they are!
AEROLITE-V2-01.jpg

AEROLITE-V3-02.jpg

on the powerbelt site for one but they are normally the most expensive from the factory.

Cabelas and all the other big stores will carry them

I have trouble undertanding how these bullets should hold together better. A long hollow tube with a plastic tip seems like it would make them great bullets for shooting paper, but I would suspect they will come apart on game worse than the originals. Are they using a lead alloy or something harder than pure lead?

And still nothing about them on their website

Carlos got has them in stock at his store. He showed a picture of one he recovered off a dirt berm and with 110gr BH209, the recovered bullet looked excellent.

Carlos??'

They are selling them without any info on their webite? They need to hire new marketing guys. Why are they black, what kind of lead, etc....

Not sure of details, i havent asked for that info yet. They most likely wont have any info until after the Shot show.

Forum member uses the handle - Cvilorio

He said they have them for $21 + free shipping.

perfect! Thanks for postin that.

You can see the flat spot where the ballistic tip sits. Normally with the regular powerbelt and the platinums, the aerotips would push through the bullet and weaken it right in the center. Thats when the fragmenting starts.

I will put them through the test though once i get my bullets in. Damn move really slowed things down.

Latest posts

Back