Powerbelt report & ?'s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twogun

Reaction score
I fired the powerbelt hollow point 405 grain and the 338 platinum in my Traditions buckhunter today with much varied results. I had both powered by 100 grains of JSG 3f and Win. triple seven primers. At 50 yards they hit at about the same height but the hollow points were mostly in the same hole while the platinums were about 2.5 inches apart. I ran a dry patch between all shots and about 5 minutes between shots. One point of interest is that the green plastic base on the hollow points were all laying in the snow about 30 yards out intact while the black base on the platinums were all over the ground in little bits and pieces. Is this normal? Also tried some powerbelts in my 54 along with my 435 grain Remington lead bullets and the lead were much more accurate but harder to load for sure. My 54 has a 1 in 48 twist with a red dot for sights. Twogun

yeah its normal. The skirts on the platinums basically fall apart as soon as the bullet leaves the barrel.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! Forgot to list the load for the 54. I had 80 grains of JSG in those loads, big drop off in felt recoil. Will try some Pyrodex RS when the weather gets better around here. Twogun

Latest posts

Back