Harvester 260gr PT Gold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Thanks to my niece she passed a bug on to me and made me sicker than a dog for a day. Today though i felt better and wanted to take advantage of the chilly 80* windless day. I loaded up my nephews CVA Wolf with 110gr Blackhorn209, CCI 209 Magnum primers and took my shooting bag out to 100 yards.

This Wolf will need a tighter fitting sabot though as i expected. But i wasn't worried about the group, i had just filled up a 5 gallon bucket with damp sand earlier and so i wanted to recover a few bullets.

That didn't go as planned either!

I took my Two shots at 100 yards and was flabbergasted when no bullets were in the sand. I DID find one of them " pictured" on the ground aprox. 4 feet behind my sand bucket. The second bullet i found was mangled up under some sand stone rocks but even that held 212 grains out of 260grs.

Recovered bullet pictured weighs 224 grains and has a little bit of the polly tip still smeared into the lead.
DSCN1741.jpg

DSCN1743.jpg

HarvesterPTGold.jpg

To be honest, I don't know how much more testing i will do with these bullets as they have been giving me a complete head ache in trying to recover them. Im pretty impressed though with the recovered bullets from today, but still would like to do a wet news paper test.

I was shooting that same bullet the other day and they were impressive in the accuracy department. Nice to know they have the ability to penetrate like you described. Should make a good game projectile.

Latest posts

Back