• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bullets/Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All:

I have the following items I would like to send to a good home. I only have two requests: 1) You use them or give them to someone who will AND 2) You don't sell them.

Anyway, here is what I have, and I want to give it all away at once.

2 x Barnes Expander 300 grain 24 count blister packs (48 total bullets) with HPH-24 sabots already installed (I replaced the original HPH-12 sabots with HPH-24 sabots)

1 x Lehigh Controlled Fracturing Copper Bullets 265 grain 25 count box unopened with no sabots

1 x Lehigh Controlled Fracturing Copper Bullets 265 grain 25 count box opened with HPH-24 sabots installed (this box also contains 1 x Barnes TEZ 290 grain bullet with HPH-24 sabot installed and 1 x Knight Bloodline 250 grain bullet with HPH-24 installed)

Please post here first on the board so we can all figure out who the first person to reply is, then PM me your details so I can get this all to you.

I'll take them if available pm to follow

Very cool phenix. That's a heck of a grab bag!

Hac said:
I'll take them if available pm to follow

Hac,

For some reason the PM I tried to send you is hung up in my outbox. Anyway, I shipped your goodies yesterday, and they should be delivered on Thursday. Please let me know if they are not there by Friday COB.

P

Enjoy!

03mossy said:
Very cool phenix. That's a heck of a grab bag!

I like to buy things I think I might use, tinker with different combos and use what works best (I have learned much from the people on this forum :applause: )

Anyway, most folks on this forum seem like decent folks (except the guy in VA who bragged about taking numerous deer in VA with a 22 Win Mag-illegal by the way). I thoroughly enjoy this forum and soak in the knowledge as much as possible, so I am enjoying the chance to return the favor.

Thanks for moderating and maintaining a great forum!

phenix!! I'm the guy who made the post about shooting deer with a 22 mag. And yes I have done it, a lot! All of the 22 mag kills were shot under "kill permits". Many were in urban and municipal locations and high power guns were not appropriate. The take is always in teams and all shots are documented. There was a 100% success of 1 shot kills with the 22 mag system we used. Was it hunting, not in the sporting sense. It best described as culling or herd reduction. Even now the 22 mag is used for deer herd control and culling. Due to the locations where the deer are taken 22 mag is a really good system. All rifles used are suppressed even the CF units. All shots with the 22 mag are under 150'. All shots are with solid rest. All the deer are recovered and utilized by appropriate agencies. You should not jump to conclusions without the complete information. I hope you have safe and enjoyable hunting. Wolfer

wolfer said:
phenix!! I'm the guy who made the post about shooting deer with a 22 mag. And yes I have done it, a lot! All of the 22 mag kills were shot under "kill permits". Many were in urban and municipal locations and high power guns were not appropriate. The take is always in teams and all shots are documented. There was a 100% success of 1 shot kills with the 22 mag system we used. Was it hunting, not in the sporting sense. It best described as culling or herd reduction. Even now the 22 mag is used for deer herd control and culling. Due to the locations where the deer are taken 22 mag is a really good system. All rifles used are suppressed even the CF units. All shots with the 22 mag are under 150'. All shots are with solid rest. All the deer are recovered and utilized by appropriate agencies. You should not jump to conclusions without the complete information. I hope you have safe and enjoyable hunting. Wolfer

You know, I have searched your 321 posts and cannot again find that post referencing your deer kills with a 22. If I have overlooked it, then I just missed it. If it is not on the boards any more, did you delete it?

However, I do remember you saying in the post something to the effect of do not tell VDGIF what you did. As such, you made it sound illegal. I only came to the conclusion your post took me to.

That said, shoot 'em straight and happy hunting. If I have made an error in my above post, please forgive me.

phenix78_99 said:
wolfer said:

You know, I have searched your 321 posts and cannot again find that post referencing your deer kills with a 22. If I have overlooked it, then I just missed it. If it is not on the boards any more, did you delete it?

However, I do remember you saying in the post something to the effect of do not tell VDGIF what you did. As such, you made it sound illegal. I only came to the conclusion your post took me to.

That said, shoot 'em straight and happy hunting. If I have made an error in my above post, please forgive me.

Yeah, I was wrong. Sorry about that.

Back