CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

BroadHeads

For when you feel like talking about bows, arrows, broadheads, and etc.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

1874sharpsshooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

BroadHeads

Postby 1874sharpsshooter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:51 pm

I have a September archery elk hunt. I decided to switch from my standard Muzzies and try out the Slick Trick broadheads. Doesn't pay to go shopping for broadheads. I got them, but ended up walking out with a new bow also. But on the bright side they gave me a new hat to go along with the bow. :mrgreen: Hat was free of course :mrgreen: I better get that elk now!!!

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

1874sharpsshooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: BroadHeads

Postby 1874sharpsshooter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 pm

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

03mossy

Postby 03mossy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Very nice! Which model Hoyt is That? You could always say you bought a $1,000 hat and they gave you a free bow. :lol:
T/C Omega .50
White Lightning .50
Knight Mountaineer .45 1-20"
Knight Littlehorn .50
T/C Firehawk .54
Apparently I have no brand loyalty...anybody got a CVA for sale... :think:

BuckDoeHunter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby BuckDoeHunter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:02 am

Congrats! Nice hat :yeah:

Just kidding, nice bow!

NorthNJHunter

Postby NorthNJHunter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 am

Haha! Very nice! Congrats!

Idaholewis
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Idaholewis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 am

I started using the Slick Tricks about 3-4 years ago, I didn't have to do any extra tuning to get them to fly right, they hit where my field points do. I shoot 2 different ones, one is called a Slick Trick 'Viper Trick' and the other Trick is a low profile 4 Blade.
“Only accurate rifles are interesting” Col. Townsend Whelen

1874sharpsshooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby 1874sharpsshooter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:23 am

Idaholewis wrote:I started using the Slick Tricks about 3-4 years ago, I didn't have to do any extra tuning to get them to fly right, they hit where my field points do. I shoot 2 different ones, one is called a Slick Trick 'Viper Trick' and the other Trick is a low profile 4 Blade.

I bought the slick trick magnums and the vipers. I really like the Vipers so I plan on using them.

warrbuk

Postby warrbuk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:16 am

That's funny,

Like you sending out some bullets and it leading to a new mountaineer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

edmehlig
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby edmehlig » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 am

I'd stick with using your White for that upcoming hunt! :roll: :lol:
1 - White M98/.451
3 - White M97/.451
1 - Flintlock Lyman Deerstalker / 50Cal

deerlover

Postby deerlover » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 pm

I always used slick trick standards, dont really have any complaints about them, however, this year im trying the grizz tricks. thought is they should fly closer to a field tip, as ive always slightly had to tune for the slick tricks. I also got a new bow last year, halon 6, I've always shot a hoyt turbohawk, and golt tip hunter x t arrows. killed many deer over the years. not sure why, but this year ive changed everything lol. the halon 6, carbon xpress maxima red arrows, grizz tricks, and I've been trying the gold tip arrow weights.. theory is like a dart to get weight forward of center for flatter arrow flights, and deeper penetration, and supposedly better broadhead flights. I've tried 20 and 40 grains, i really like to 40 grains, they clearly penetrate deeper than non weighted arrows.
Knight Ultra light 50
Knight Disc extreme 52 (x2)
Knight Disc elite 45
TC omega 50
White Bison 50
TC hawken 50
CVA optima 50 pistol

Idaholewis
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Idaholewis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am

Ive been working with a new bow sight, I need to shoot a broadhead in the next few days and make sure i am good to go, Sept 6th is CLOSE! Archery elk is a lot of fun if the year is right. I will know shortly
“Only accurate rifles are interesting” Col. Townsend Whelen

Return to “Bowhunting”