How Many Muzzleloaders Are Also Archers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. We have 4 weeks of archery before early muzzleloader. It's always nice to have the pressure off before muzzleloader and rifle. Got my first one of the year yesterday morning.
cffd767730086953d418dbe705075f4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt archery in our special season, this will be my first year hunting with my muzzleloader. There is no special season in B.C. for it so i will just go out during rifle general open season

yes, muzzleloader, centerfire, and bow although my bow hunting is now with a crossbow. I had an accident at work several years ago so I cant use a compound bow any longer.

Been a bowhunter forever! Traditional archery mostly. This will be my 1st year using ML also. Looking forward to it! Plan is to use recurve for deer and ML for elk and bear.

Loved my recurves and longbows.... even built my own bow, arrows but my shoulders finally said no more. The last two hunts were a nice way to go out.... really miss my bows..............

Now I'm trying Muzzleloaders.........

Big time into archery here, Been shooting for almost 20 years now, started when I was 6. Plan on taking off a week or two before gun starts (rut usually starts at that time) and hunting hard.

This year just using the compound, next year ill be taking the recurve out for the most part. Planned on going with the recurve this season but even though im happy with my accuracy at 30 yards, I want to be 100% confident in my self before i take it out for live game.

Both - grew up in Idaho, bowhunting got you in the woods early season, and muzzleloading kept you in the woods late season after centerfire.

Living in Virginia now, hunting a lot in urban archery seasons, and limited muzzleloader options for me.

Long time bow hunter, missed last season with rotator cuff had surgery this spring and back to pulling 70 #s. Hoping to get same thrill with my new ML. Never took a deer with an ML so it will be a first.

I'm a bow hunter that hunts early season in rhode island. not to many hunters at that time of the early fall. muzzleloading starts 2nd Saturday in November last the rest of the month with a week break then shotgun or muzzleloader through December. so yes a lot of muzzleloading for me in fact I will be hunting vermonts regular season thanksgiving week with my muzzleloader

I use both! I have a wall full of Muzzleloaders, and shoot a Mathews Z7 bow, hard to beat archery Elk season!

I've been archery elk hunting for about 27 years, compound bows. Do a lot of 3D shoots through the spring and summer.
My season has always been archery elk in September, then I would centerfire hunt whitetails through October & November ( I would hold out for a good buck through the rut just to extend my time hunting, and then take a doe at the end if I hadn't gotten a buck...ultimate goal it always to put one in the freezer for breakfast sausage, jerky, and tenderloin & backstrap steaks). About 7 or 8 years ago I decided I should start trying to take advantage of the late muzzleloader elk season that opens in December, this is on the same tag I use for archery if unsuccessful. My dad had a .54 TC Renegade that I inherited when he passed, and it had been in my gun cabinet for a couple years at the point in time I decided to learn to use it. Absolutely fell in love with black powder shooting. Now I hardly ever shoot my centerfire rifles, I just use my bow or the Renegade through the general whitetail season too.

I took up muzzloading in 2014 and is all I hunted with till this year. last winter I found a deal on a Mathews Solo Cam LX Bought it and ran for a bow shop the guy had had it since 07 and never put a string on it. So Bow season here starts in oct runs till gun season the week before and durning thanksgiving then bow reopens Wednesday before thanksgiving and runs till Jan 15. This weekend is rifle doe season the the weekend of christmas thru the 1st or 2nd is muzzleloader(alternative season). I had knee surgery this year so lost all my vacation to that so the archery has saved me this year only deer I got. luckily weather suppose to be bad over night friday and with all the snow we have had I am hoping to fill my 2 gun tags on Saturday with my muzzleloader. I only hunt rifle with my muzzleloader and now archery with my compound bow. I can get a crossbow here now but I am enjoying the challenge with the compound bow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Started archery as a teenager in the 60's and ml in the 80's. Now at age 63 I only hunt with crossbow and sml.

Mostly urban archery for me here in NoVA, but next fall I'll give the muzzleloader a chance to play.

Back