Excalibur

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndeer

Reaction score
I just bought a Vortex 200 Excalibur. Is it worth buying the S5 Silencer system to help the noise? Thanks

NOISE... NO PROBLEM

Hey Partner..

I have been shooting an EXCALIBUR PHOENIX for the past 5 years and so far... I have NOT had any issues at all with deer "jumping or ducking" the string. Granted.... a crossbow is noisey and when I shot it for the first time, I thought an elephant could jump the string but MOST of the deer I have taken so far was well within 20 yards and I have NEVER had one act like it even heard the bowstring. EVERY shot was a COMPLETE PASS THROUGH and EXCELLENT blood trail with a QUICK RECOVERY.

There are a number of devices available but so far.. I have NOT used anything... Like I always stated, "until they can make a bow or crossbow shoot FASTER then the speed of spound, string noise will ALWAYS be present."

GOOD HUNTING AND ENJOY YOUR SHOOTING..

Bud Fields

I put the G5 system on my Ibex and took off the limb disapater bars which helped some but still sounds like a .22 going off. One of these days I'm gonna connect, trying a blind this year so it may happen!!

My Excalibur was so loud I could never get comfortable with it, so I sold it. Anything that may quiet it down would be worth it IMHO.

You won't quiet the bow with any real sound difference.However,the rubber pads do some what reduce the vibration of the bow.At the speed your arrow is traveling,most deer will already be shot before they react to the noise.Unless you're shooting at great distances,I haven't had a deer jump the string yet.Even at distances of 40 plus yards,it's too late for the deer to react in time.

I had one on one of my crossbows they do help and reduce vibration also. if it will be enough for you to feel it is worth it ... no way of telling until to try it. hope this is helpful. guy

toytruck said:
I put the G5 system on my Ibex and took off the limb disapater bars which helped some but still sounds like a .22 going off. One of these days I'm gonna connect, trying a blind this year so it may happen!!

Forgot I lost some limb weight too by taking off the disapater bars. I never did shoot the Ibex at game last season, could have killed two little ones under 25 yds, but too early for that at the time. I do like a young one for the grill tho, very tender meat!

Back