Whitetail down

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
antelope ended and rifle is a ways away so it is back to bow hunting for awhile. I tried unsuccesfully 3 times . Finally on the 4th try I took this guy . He was one of a bachelor group of 3 bucks, he is the middle sized one. I'm saving the bigger one for rifle season and my Knight 45 cal. If he lives that long.
38 yards with my favorite broadhead the Muzzy mx3.

It was getting late so I took 2 quick pics with the phone. One came out making him look bigger than he should. The other one is more proportional. he is only a 4 X 4 but he is nice and wide.

051 by 1874sharpsshooter, on Flickr

052 by 1874sharpsshooter, on Flickr

Congrats, thats a fine buck!

thanks guys, i almost let him walk because i knew he was with a 6 x 6 a couple of days earlier but then decided to take him and look for the other one when rifle season rolls around and I can go after him with the muzzy.

That is a fantastic buck. He'd of never walked past me...

Congrads on the nice buck. :yeah: He has some nice long brows. You said he was originally a 6X6. What did he break, his g4's? That broken stuff just adds character. :wink:

Like cayuga said, I would not have let him walk either.

Whats not to like about that fine buck! Congrats and good luck tracking down his buddy come firearm season.
SD is truly a sleeper state when talking whitetails, I'd never let the cat out of the bag tho :wink:

:prayer: :prayer:

AWESOME Buck :!: :!: :!: :!: Congrats big time :!: :!: :!: I can see that guy on the wall in 6 mos. or so :yeah:

Ray........... :wink:

Nicely done! You said there is a bigger one too!! I hope you get him with a gun so we can see that one too :)

Back