If it ever cools down...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Although Michigan's archery season opened Oct. 1st, its just been to darn warm. Stands are in place, but little deer movement, especially bucks.

Hunting with a crossbow for the first time this year, a Mission 360. Can't believe how accurate they are.

Good Luck, been out twice with nothing to show for it except afew ticks.

twild said:
Good Luck, been out twice with nothing to show for it except afew ticks.

Its starting to cool down some, but thankfully no ticks on either of us or the dog this year. My first year with a crossbow after giving up the compound, after giving up the recurve and after giving up the long bow. :?
I will say this though, there's been a lot of REALLY NICE bucks taken in the state so far. Some real bruisers. Most of them down below in farm country.

Crossbows are nice, I've been using one for about five years. Just hard to get used to how loud they are after shooting recurves and compounds. I normally hunt off the ground in a gullie suit so atleast I don't have to worry about drawing any more.

I'm sitting in a tree right now, finally cooled off here after being near 80 this weekend. I bought a crossbow this past summer and shot it quite a bit, but I'm still hunting with a compound for now. Not sure why.

Good luck on the hunts :yeah:

My wife will be using her crossbow for the first time hopefully in a couple of weeks. I was impressed when I sighted it in :D

It is starting to feel like hunting season down state now. It was hot here when deer season opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back