11/9 Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot this buck at 10:10 this morning at 5 yds from base of tree, not the biggest I've killed but a 3 yr old with a really big body.
Was going to take recurve but after shooting it last night my elbow was aching so bad couldn't hardly raise arm or squeeze hand together so opted for the compound.
Forgot to ad when I shot him he ran back up the holler behind me in the pic, up side of hill to top of ridge turned and ran back down the ridge toward me did a nose dive and a flip and died within 25 yds of my stand.. always cool to watch the whole thing.

34px8ub.jpg

Great looking buck, congrats. Love the terrain.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Cool tall rack on that buck. Congrats.

Just think you probably spent countless hours shooting your bows at 30+ yards and you get this guy at 5. Good work not having him bust you when you drew.

he actually busted me before I drew as he started to walk under my stand for whatever reason he looked up at me and stood and stared for about 15 seconds then started to take a step away from me and I mouth bleated to him he stopped then I shot him..
I practice a lot with my recurve out to 25-30 yds and with the compound out to 40 yds but 99 percent of my shots are 18 yds or less.

03mossy said:
Cool tall rack on that buck. Congrats.

Just think you probably spent countless hours shooting your bows at 30+ yards and you get this guy at 5. Good work not having him bust you when you drew.

Congrads, nice buck. :applause: Like that tall basket rack. Got himself a little crab claw too.

Back