Can't wait!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave James

Reaction score
After several years of non hunting with my last big bore BP, I have been invited to go for hogs, this will be interesting as the legs no longer allow chasing after them or long walks in bad terrain, but the boys are taking a ladder stand along.

Went to the range and brushed up once again on the 8 bore, have decided to use a light load 900 grain round .10 ticking wrap carboard over power wad and 175 grains of 2f

If that doesn't knock for a loop, I going in to hiding !!!!!! :lol:

900gr load :shock: I would think it would knock them into roasts, chops, and bacon slices for ya :partyman:

I'm not familiar with an 8 bore, any photos and a little info.? Sounds like fun though, maybe not shooting it but fun to watch :applause:

wow... that is a heck of a load. I just can't fathom shooting something like that. But it should be exciting. Hope you video it.

Sorry didn't see the question asked,,
http://underhammers.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... rican.html

Don't have photos of it, but it is an early Pacific Rifle Company under hammer model, have owned this gun three times,both of the gentlemen that bought it sold it back after a season of use, alas the last one had it modified a tad, but was cut and a pachmyer pad attached, it is a very professional job mid sight was removed and a peep added again a nice job and now with elder eyes a nice add,, When I bought the rifle it had a 26" barrel, do not know if this is normal on the guns, barrel has the older style Forsyth rifling 1x144 twist. the link given explains more about the rifle

The loads where trial and error on my part to come up with other than a max loading

Back