CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

LOOKING TO DO SOME HOG HUNTING IN MICHIGAN WITH MY M.L.

Piggies beware! For talking about hog hunting!

Moderator: Senior Moderators

donparadowski

LOOKING TO DO SOME HOG HUNTING IN MICHIGAN WITH MY M.L.

Postby donparadowski » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm

One of my major unanswered questions is can I get the critter processed at a commercial slaughter house? Does anyone know of a place that I can take it in South East Michigan or in Gladwin or Midland counties (Central Lower Peninsula)?

GM54-120
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LOOKING TO DO SOME HOG HUNTING IN MICHIGAN WITH MY M.L.

Postby GM54-120 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 am

Butcher shops and meat processing places can be very finicky about processing wild pigs. The ones ive taked to had concerns about possible diseases.
Image 08-07-2013

cayuga
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LOOKING TO DO SOME HOG HUNTING IN MICHIGAN WITH MY M.L.

Postby cayuga » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:43 am

A friend of mine when to Kentucky or Tennessee, one of those states and shot a nice sized wild hog. He packed it with and in ice and rushed home here, only to find that no one would butcher it for him. Lucky for him an old farmer offered to butcher it for him at his home. Check with a few butcher/meat processing shops before you go. See if they will be willing to take the animal and butcher it. Otherwise do it yourself. Its time consuming, especially if you want to do the whole hide thing, but not impossible.
My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Return to “Hog Hunting”